Piña Polished desperately needs repricing.

thebanditruby

I was looking at War Paint prices after bidding on some scrap.tf auctions and I noticed that the "Piña Polished" Warpaint in Minimal Wear can be used on sniper rifles to be worth more than 40 keys. This could really hurt new traders who don't know how much its actually worth.

to be clear im not selling this I bought it because I like seeing the funny blue bar go up

pina.jpg

There was a similar situation here https://backpack.tf/suggestion/6030b7c9dd15a02033552d20

This is happening because skins under 10 keys use Steam Community Market sales as an estimated value, and when one sells stuipidly high it makes the estimated value go high too. However as said by a mod in the suggestion I linked above you can make a suggestion with valid proof if and only if the price is really really high like these cases. However it will be reverted once the SCM sale averaging fixes itself

The only reason it has a high value is because one was used to transfer Steam Funds on the SCM back in February. Scammers and sharkers also use skin combos with no SCM listings to make something look more valuable that it actually is.

Think about it logically too. Why would a person be able to increase the value of an item from $1 to $75 by simply clicking a button? If profit were that easy, why would there even any of the $1 items left?

Yea I had a FT Pina worth maybe 20 ref that I turned into a Claidheamh Mòr just for fun, and suddenly BP says its worth 7 keys? Stonks

9 hours ago, Strange said:

There was a similar situation here https://backpack.tf/suggestion/6030b7c9dd15a02033552d20

This is happening because skins under 10 keys use Steam Community Market sales as an estimated value, and when one sells stuipidly high it makes the estimated value go high too. However as said by a mod in the suggestion I linked above you can make a suggestion with valid proof if and only if the price is really really high like these cases. However it will be reverted once the SCM sale averaging fixes itself

Would be nice to do this on spec ks loch-n-load fab since it's been at 5.6 keys for over a month. Alas, cock block by automated "this cannot be priced."

Where is the max() function pricing for pro ks items who have prices 3x higher on the base item but get priced low bc gotta use that outdated scm avg from 3 years ago. 😠

13 hours ago, FP jh34ghu43gu said:

Would be nice to do this on spec ks loch-n-load fab since it's been at 5.6 keys for over a month. Alas, cock block by automated "this cannot be priced."

Where is the max() function pricing for pro ks items who have prices 3x higher on the base item but get priced low bc gotta use that outdated scm avg from 3 years ago. 😠

Unfortunately Killstreak items automatically reject suggestions because you can't price any Killstreak item. It is possible to make suggestions on skins though because suggestions on the >10 key stuff are allowed. But yeah these ridiculously high spikes affect Killstreak items as much as skins since sharkers know that estimated values will go up with those sale spikes.

Archived