Steam Game Bundles Question

The Radiated Banana

I have a question about steam game bundles...

I just noticed quite a few bundles today where u actually spend more money buying the bundle rather than buying the individual games(for example the bundle for the new game theif).

Why does valve do this? What are they trying to achieve?

It's the same concept as 'buy 3, pay for 2' in other stores. Even though you get the third one 'for free', you still paid for that second one (while you probably would only have bought 1) and the store makes more profit.

EDIT: Missed the part about the HB.

The Humble Bundle usually bundles a few popular games with a few that are less popular. The popular ones make people want to buy the bundle and the other ones help as fillers, and promote the (indie-)developers that made it. In the HB case the developers/Valve do indeed lose money, but they raise money for charity. Plus, usually games that are actually still selling very well aren't in these bundles.

I have a question about steam game bundles...

I just noticed quite a few bundles today where u actually spend more money buying the bundle rather than buying the individual games(for example the bundle for the new game theif).

Why does valve do this? What are they trying to achieve?

valve isn't doing it. the developers/publishers are bundling games. and it doesn't hurt valve. it's quite the opposite 

edit : oh wait,are we talking bundle bundle like humble or bundle of steam games like a collection of games that's cheaper in bulk ? or what lel 

when one says bundle, i suspect the first 

valve isn't doing it. the developers/publishers are bundling games. and it doesn't hurt valve. it's quite the opposite 

Valve does it as well, with a lot of games.

Valve does it as well, with a lot of games.

after re-reading, i don't think i understood what OP meant to say. lel

he took the most confusing example - thief > only "bundle" i know it's in (and it's not a bundle really) is the AMD promotion

Archived