Getting back into trading.

Redilet

Ive been trying to get back into trading, and have been waiting for the seller for my unusual to give up, or atleast lower the price, for about 3 months, but for 3 months, the buyer has been bumping the hat every hour or so at the same price, as an inexperienced trade, im not sure what to do in this situation,  i dont want to start back up with just 11 or so keys, so help would be greatly appreciated

1 hour ago, Redilet said:

Ive been trying to get back into trading, and have been waiting for the seller for my unusual to give up, or atleast lower the price, for about 3 months

The seller of your unusual? Are you saying someone has been holding your hat for you or that the hat you listed is taking too long to sell? Cause if a broker has been holding on to your item for 3 months with no update that is concerning...

6219c5359aabea8a1b4399f72baa1073.jpg

7 hours ago, Soju said:

The seller of your unusual? Are you saying someone has been holding your hat for you or that the hat you listed is taking too long to sell? Cause if a broker has been holding on to your item for 3 months with no update that is concerning...

6219c5359aabea8a1b4399f72baa1073.jpg

ok i seemed to of phrased it wrong, when i mean my unusual its just the unusual that i also own, same hat and effect, but not the same item.

yJU6HSX.png

The other seller of your unusual is a bot. They regularly sit on hats for months at a time until some guy decides he wants that particular hat and buys it for full pure.

Have you been trying to sell your hat for 3 months? That seems a bit excessive. How much did you get it for? Since bots are willing to do this sort of thing, there isn't much you can do in low-tier unusuals anymore. However, you have one advantage over a bot, which is that you can negotiate and take item offers.

Also, how have you been advertising? You haven't listed your hat on backpack.tf. You've made a bazaar listing, but haven't bumped it in a week - it has 3 views. Even if someone wants this particular hat, they won't find you as a seller (they might see your bazaar listing, but seeing that it hasn't been bumped in a week, they'll assume you're inactive, which is a common issue with bazaar since listings don't auto-close).

On 4/13/2021 at 4:42 PM, MeFigaYoma said:

yJU6HSX.png

The other seller of your unusual is a bot. They regularly sit on hats for months at a time until some guy decides he wants that particular hat and buys it for full pure.

Have you been trying to sell your hat for 3 months? That seems a bit excessive. How much did you get it for? Since bots are willing to do this sort of thing, there isn't much you can do in low-tier unusuals anymore. However, you have one advantage over a bot, which is that you can negotiate and take item offers.

Also, how have you been advertising? You haven't listed your hat on backpack.tf. You've made a bazaar listing, but haven't bumped it in a week - it has 3 views. Even if someone wants this particular hat, they won't find you as a seller (they might see your bazaar listing, but seeing that it hasn't been bumped in a week, they'll assume you're inactive, which is a common issue with bazaar since listings don't auto-close).

yea bazzar tf seemed to be buggy, but i think i just figured that out, and ive considered item offers, but thanks for the advice

Archived