Would person A get banned for trading with person B who was banned for fencing for scammers

HonkHonk

Sorry if this has already been answered, my very limited skills of doing background and research in this demeaner has yielded me no answer.

I was about to set up a reservation to buy some keys via paypal for when I get paid at the end of the month, started talking to him to arrange it but I notice they've been banned for something called fencing?

This (I think?) is my first post here, and I don't really wanna break any rules, I don't trade usually with anyone who is marked as ANTYHING, even if they've been vacced or something cuz who knows? Maybe they won a bet on who would win in a 1v1 using hacks and they basically fixed it? Idk, I'm paranoid, ANYWAY.

Would I get banned if I ended up trading with them? I seem to remember a rule about trading with scammers which is NUMBER 1 in the "OH NO NO's" list.

Thanks for your time!

29 minutes ago, HonkHonk said:

Sorry if this has already been answered, my very limited skills of doing background and research in this demeaner has yielded me no answer.

I was about to set up a reservation to buy some keys via paypal for when I get paid at the end of the month, started talking to him to arrange it but I notice they've been banned for something called fencing?

This (I think?) is my first post here, and I don't really wanna break any rules, I don't trade usually with anyone who is marked as ANTYHING, even if they've been vacced or something cuz who knows? Maybe they won a bet on who would win in a 1v1 using hacks and they basically fixed it? Idk, I'm paranoid, ANYWAY.

Would I get banned if I ended up trading with them? I seem to remember a rule about trading with scammers which is NUMBER 1 in the "OH NO NO's" list.

Thanks for your time!

If they're banned on SteamRep, it's a guaranteed ban.

If not, it's still not recommended but tolerated to a certain extent (NOTE: This does not mean you can go out of your way to buy from scammers).

13 minutes ago, Abstract said:

If they're banned on SteamRep, it's a guaranteed ban.

If not, it's still not recommended but tolerated to a certain extent (NOTE: This does not mean you can go out of your way to buy from scammers).

Hi there! 

He's not banned on SteamRep, not a scammer, but was banned for fencing?

What exactly is "Fencing for a scammer"? 

2 minutes ago, HonkHonk said:

Hi there! 

He's not banned on SteamRep, not a scammer, but was banned for fencing?

What exactly is "Fencing for a scammer"? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fence_(criminal)

The fence acts as a middleman between thieves and the eventual buyers of stolen goods who may not be aware that the goods are stolen.

You will not be banned as they are not marked scammers themselves. See the rules for background checks for more info about that here

But you have to consider if you want to support someone that helps marked scammers sell their goods

41 minutes ago, Zeus_Junior said:

You will not be banned as they are not marked scammers themselves. See the rules for background checks for more info about that here

But you have to consider if you want to support someone that helps marked scammers sell their goods

I appreciate that Zeus! You bring clarity to the foggy situation! \o/

37 minutes ago, Strange said:

The main question is: why would anyone wanna trade with a scammer fence in the first place?

Users with questionable reputation are often more likely to give better deals to encourage business with them. Also, a lot of high-tier, low-supply unusuals are only being sold by banned users. Not that I would know anything about trading with scammers I'm a good boy.

Archived