Any way to dodge price suggestions?

shady_

if you dont want bp.tf to be up to date, maybe dont use it?  seems you are trying to have your cake and eat it too

I'm glad someone opened this topic already otherwise I would have. Been wanting to talk about it.

May I know why I can't keep my prices private. Also I would like to know the consequences for false/wrong suggestion making.

Because I need to know the power I have against the people making false suggestions no matter even if unknowingly because it's still thier fault if nobody asked them to make a suggestion in first place and if they are still doing so then it shouldn't be wrong atleast.

I see people now a days without asking or confirming make suggestions which are surprisingly even getting accepted (I'm not gonna be precise on this one, unless the same person does it again). So yea I would like to know the consequences they will face for it. I strictly make only deals which are disclosed and I usually pay in mixed cash / site cash / items or even cash in multiple methods.

And I do not ask anyone to make suggestions on my items I currently own or have purchased and I have no idea why they're so obsessed with it. 

I have multiple items purchased by me which has wrong bp price but it doesn't bother me. So I hope this thing won't affect me anymore. I barely find time to respond. So no comments, dm me instead if you have something to say. 

Have a good one.

8 hours ago, raZ said:

Even if your hat didn't have a suggestion, it wouldn't be hard to just check what you paid for which is what I said at the end of my post - it's not hard to find the compare. It's no one else's fault if you buy something for cheap and then no one wants to pay 2x the amount 

Let's put it this way - Someone goes looking for a new hat to buy, they check out the new effects, decide 'hey Distant Dream looks sick' so they go to classifieds, search up all Distant Dream hats for sale, come across mine and think 'hey that looks cool' and go to the hat's stats page. First thing they see on the page is the suggested price of 50 keys on the page, they scroll down a bit, see I have it listed at 100 and scratch their head thinking 'if that thing's worth 50 keys, why does this guy think it should sell for 100? He's crazy.' Suddenly, my potential customer is gone because of this suggestion.

The only people who would actually look up what i got it for are probably the people who add you and immediately ask you 'hey man what's the lowest you'll go for your hat?' expecting to be able to get it off you for what you paid because you didn't sell it within 2 days.

It's already been said but, the prices are SUGGESTIONS>  

I have had no problem setting my own prices for items I've sold. Sure maybe I might have to wait a little longer but, I am not making a living from TF2 trading so I usually don't care how long something takes to sell.

Just because something has a BP price on it does not mean you have to sell it for that amount. Especially when it's a 1 of 1, you set whatever price you want.

4 hours ago, Mrs TS said:

It's already been said but, the prices are SUGGESTIONS>  

I have had no problem setting my own prices for items I've sold. Sure maybe I might have to wait a little longer but, I am not making a living from TF2 trading so I usually don't care how long something takes to sell.

Just because something has a BP price on it does not mean you have to sell it for that amount. Especially when it's a 1 of 1, you set whatever price you want.

I understand that. At no point am I suggesting that you have to buy and sell things for the suggested price. That's why I didn't list my hat at 50 keys.

I'm not making a living off it either - I'm just here to look cool in a game. I specifically avoid buying things I wouldn't be happy to keep. My issue is not so much 'wahhh you ruined my opportunity to make big munneez' - It's the number of suggestions that don't reflect what the hat would realistically sell for in most cases - and what they do for the people who don't  get this concept of 'suggestion'. I feel like labelling it as 'previous sales' would be more appropriate than a 'price suggestion' - just an idea
I'm not saying price suggestions are evil (though I do question their place in the unusual market, especially when it comes to the more exotic sort of stuff) - I am saying there's a large percentage of them particularly on unusuals which are based on these one-off quicksells. 

The point of my posts here was not to complain about the processes - but more to explain the side of the story a lot of people here seem to have missed.

Archived