I got wrongfully permabanned and the admins are taking the piss out out off me, please help !

dareosthefishcake

I got wrongfully permabanned and the admins are taking the piss out out off me. I have tried reasoning with them but they are bias. Sometimes they dont even know what they are talking about and contradicting themselves. I made a video about the whole situation and hope it gets some attention so my name will get cleared.

ngl, a lot of this sounds like it's on you, while I do think a perma ban for potentionally unknowingly trading with scammers is a bit heavy handed you've done literally nothing in this situation to actually help yourself or the case move forward.  

There's a few oversteps from bp.tf staff that are worth taking issue with.
A permaban for knowingly trading with scammers and trying to claim "nobody cares" in your screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed is not one of those situations.

I watched the whole video and the conclusion I'm getting out of it is that staff did not ban you because of bias but because of your carelessness.

tbycNsm.png

In your video you mention that you didn't know that you were trading with a SR marked scammer at all, but your actions would suggest otherwise. It is fair for staff to assume you were knowingly dealing with a SR marked scammer in that case.

(See https://backpack.tf/issue/602d36f413f2327d2e12b667 )

2 minutes ago, Dante Alighieri said:

I was already banned for 2 weeks, because I actually unknowingly traded him, not sure why you're after me but okay

How have you got two weeks and this guy got a perma? Same offence, you should have done your due diligence. 

Just now, TTT said:

How have you got two weeks and this guy got a perma? Same offence, you should have done your due diligence. 

Tbh this.

4 minutes ago, TTT said:

probably because dareos has been banned twice, and the third time in a year means its a perma. If dante were to ever trade with a scammer again within a span of a year since the last ban, he will get a perma.

4 minutes ago, Beaser said:

probably because dareos has been banned twice, and the third time in a year means its a perma. If dante were to ever trade with a scammer again within a span of a year since the last ban, he will get a perma.

Can we even see his ban history ?

13 minutes ago, TTT said:

Guess I'll have to explain it like beaser did so there's no confusion and I can finally clear my name for something I did accidentally

1) Dareos already had bans prior to the perma, I didn't

2) Dareos had a comment on his profile AND had him added, I got the offer randomly sent to me, and have just woken up at the moment, didn't assume either amaranthine trilby was with a scammer so naturally I took the offer, but then I realized I made a mistake

3) I know you're just doing this in spite of your lowball on that stormy 13th conquistador I didn't take, so it would be nice if you didn't publicly shame me for something I know I did wrong but was a complete accident, and something I was already punished for

14 minutes ago, TTT said:

The situation isn't the same, if Dante had the scammer added he would have been perma banned also.

4 minutes ago, Dante Alighieri said:

Guess I'll have to explain it like beaser did so there's no confusion and I can finally clear my name for something I did accidentally

1) Dareos already had bans prior to the perma, I didn't

2) Dareos had a comment on his profile AND had him added, I got the offer randomly sent to me, and have just woken up at the moment, didn't assume either amaranthine trilby was with a scammer so naturally I took the offer, but then I realized I made a mistake

3) I know you're just doing this in spite of your lowball on that stormy 13th conquistador I didn't take, so it would be nice if you didn't publicly shame me for something I know I did wrong but was a complete accident, and something I was already punished for

Tbh I don't even remember you. You just happened to have traded with a marked SR scammer for the EXACT same item of this post?

3 minutes ago, gege hates anime said:

The situation isn't the same, if Dante had the scammer added he would have been perma banned also.

Sounds like fluff around the offence to me, and it makes little difference as to whether he had the guy added or not. Find it hard to believe anyone trades without actually checking the trade. I guess his finger slipped after just waking up. 

7 hours ago, dareosthefishcake said:

image.png.1d2d7c340e7ce7d7b876d4a614eeed45.png

Mobile app chat is not accepted as proof because it's super easy to fake, don't why they don't tell you where you can get the chat logs tho, that's kinda weird. 

https://help.steampowered.com/en/accountdata/GetFriendMessagesLog

Hover over the name of the user when you take the screenshot to make sure the steamid is visible

24 minutes ago, TTT said:

Sounds like fluff around the offence to me, and it makes little difference as to whether he had the guy added or not. Find it hard to believe anyone trades without actually checking the trade. I guess his finger slipped after just waking up. 

I was talking about the trilby with Dante before, so he knew the price of it. Yeah his fault for not bg checking but he has not had any negotiations with the user. As opposed to Dareos talking to the guy and having him on his friendlist.

51 minutes ago, gege hates anime said:

I was talking about the trilby with Dante before, so he knew the price of it. Yeah his fault for not bg checking but he has not had any negotiations with the user. As opposed to Dareos talking to the guy and having him on his friendlist.

Nonsense really, you could tell a trader the grass is green and they'd still go and check for themselves (multiple times). Should be a blanked rule for all, and unfortunately I think we all question the integrity of most decisions made on BPTF. 

2 hours ago, TTT said:

Hey, I got name dropped. Nice to meet you.

https://backpack.tf/issue/60539436a093de7122114623

I only found out they were a scammer after they bought the item off me on SCM.

I came forward myself and immediately provided all the information I could, in the form of screenshots of the discord chatlog, as well as screenshots of the person buying from me.

I was fully aware that this was completely on me. I should've background checked better by asking the person who contacted me on discord to link me their steam account. Most of the time, buyers have their steam account already linked and this is the first time that I have traded an SR banned scammer.

Given that this was my first offense, I was prepped for a 3 day to 2 week ban.

As Abstract said previously.

https://backpack.tf/issue/602d36f413f2327d2e12b667

Dareos added the guy to negotiate, if you don't have the guys backpack.tf profile up then and there to either check histories, or god forbid, check if they are suspicious in anyway. Then really, what else do you hope to show.

Thanks for the name drop

18 minutes ago, TTT said:

Nonsense really, you could tell a trader the grass is green and they'd still go and check for themselves (multiple times). Should be a blanked rule for all, and unfortunately I think we all question the integrity of most decisions made on BPTF. 

I question why do you still defend a user who KNOWINGLY traded with a scammer got a permad and then makes a video to guilt trip us.

I don't get it. The timestamp of the video link you posted shows you admitting you didn't bother to do a background check or check the history of the item. Why are admins biased?

Also why are you messaging random people on your friends list with your coping video?

image.png.ade9d2c312075d94d4a7130fa6a8d729.png

1 minute ago, TripleMasterA said:

I don't get it. The timestamp of the video link you posted shows you admitting you didn't bother to do a background check or check the history of the item. Why are admins biased?

He didnt background check, hence he didnt knowingly trade with a scammer. I fail to see the disconect there, how all these people can believe he deserves to be banned I will never understand.

Archived