Can somebody explain how I can price check unusuals?

Flamentrio

Yes I am very stupid but I’ve never known how to price check unusuals and stuff and I would rely on other people to do it for me. I’ve heard to check scm and mp.tf but that’s really it. I just need a comprehensive guide

find the item page on bp.tf then from there look at price suggestions, current buyers and sellers and then look at other sites for more buyers and sellers and past sales if there any

also look at item history to see how much it has sold for in the past

9 hours ago, AdMortem said:

find the item page on bp.tf then from there look at price suggestions, current buyers and sellers and then look at other sites for more buyers and sellers and past sales if there any

also look at item history to see how much it has sold for in the past

Alright, any sites you would recommend where I could check past sales? etc.

3 hours ago, Flamentrio said:

Alright, any sites you would recommend where I could check past sales? etc.

backpack.tf, marketplace.tf, bazaar.tf (if you can find closed trades for that very specific unusual) and mannco.store

there might be more but those are the ones i can remember

first look at the effect, and what are the average selling point for that effect. 

second look at the hat. Is this a hat that goes for high price? 

third is this a hat/effect combinaison that is  common or rare? for example a hat from a 2017 crate with a 2020 halloween effect wont be able to be unboxed anymore due to how cases works. (haloween 2020 effects are applied during the event to all cases. after the event, only the haloween 2020 case will have those effect). 

On the contrary, a hat/effect combinaison that can still be unboxed will have less value, since it will probably have a lot of it. 

overall just check what is the price range for that effect in particular, and try to see where the hats fits. is it a low tier hat or a high tier hat, it tells you where in the range the hats worth. 

With really cheap ones its straightforward just use the backpack searches as previously suggested, however the fun begins with expensive and rare unusuals the whole point is that there is no market value and you can either make big $$$$$$$ or crash and burn.

Archived