Can you remove a killstreak on a skin without removing the war paint?

TheLastBastian

I saw a listing of a killstreak skinned shotgun, so I looked on the SCM and it was valued more if it wasn't killstreaked. I remembered that a killstreak can be removed with the "Restore?" button in-game. My question is whether the killstreak can be removed through the same way with a skin through the restore button without removing the skin

As strange said, you should be able to remove the ks by itself. Though I’m curious, why remove it? Is the non ks version actually worth more or is someone just selling it for more?

yea killstreaks, festivizers, descriptions etc can all be removed seperately. In fact the skin can't be removed at all

35 minutes ago, Seeves said:

As strange said, you should be able to remove the ks by itself. Though I’m curious, why remove it? Is the non ks version actually worth more or is someone just selling it for more?

Sometimes people buy higher tier items with Basic or Specialized Killstreak because there are occasions of them selling for less than non killstreak. Then they remove the killstreak to put a Professional one, that's a reason why people do it 

Yes, you can remove it without worrying about removing the war paint. In fact, you can remove anything without having to remove other aspects, such as festivizers or strange parts. However, you don't even have to worry about removing the war paint accidentally in this case because war paints aren't removable.

War paints are not really "applied" to weapons in the way you're imagining it. Whenever you "apply" a war paint, what you're really doing is creating the skin out of thin air, rather than applying it to a pre-existing weapon. This is why strange war paints sell for so much higher than non-strange war paints: you can't apply a war paint to a strange weapon to get a strange skin; you must get a strange war paint, then "apply" it to the Rocket Launcher to get a Strange RL skin. I hope this clears up some confusion for you. Once you use your war paint up to make a skin, you can't change it back into a war paint, remove the war paint from the skin to get a unique weapon, or apply a strangifier to it. You can only festivize, killstreak, trade and/or destroy it.

4 hours ago, Mariogeek2 said:

Yes, you can remove it without worrying about removing the war paint. In fact, you can remove anything without having to remove other aspects, such as festivizers or strange parts. However, you don't even have to worry about removing the war paint accidentally in this case because war paints aren't removable.

War paints are not really "applied" to weapons in the way you're imagining it. Whenever you "apply" a war paint, what you're really doing is creating the skin out of thin air, rather than applying it to a pre-existing weapon. This is why strange war paints sell for so much higher than non-strange war paints: you can't apply a war paint to a strange weapon to get a strange skin; you must get a strange war paint, then "apply" it to the Rocket Launcher to get a Strange RL skin. I hope this clears up some confusion for you. Once you use your war paint up to make a skin, you can't change it back into a war paint, remove the war paint from the skin to get a unique weapon, or apply a strangifier to it. You can only festivize, killstreak, trade and/or destroy it.

You used to be able to strangify decorated air strikes with the air strike strangifier, but that led to all kinds of shenanigans, so they patched that out all too soon. (At one point air strike strangifiers were going for like $14 each.)

Archived