[Forum] Allow Archive.org and Archive.is crawler to access the forums

Lusht

Right now it is impossible to use something like web.archive.org or archive.is to make a snapshot of the forum page/post as an additional evidence of the contract/agreement, it would be blocked by login page. Your concerns are understandable, but you can exclude only specific crawlers without much risk and this would help user with their cases if trade will go bad.

1 hour ago, Lusht said:

Right now it is impossible to use something like web.archive.org or archive.is to make a snapshot of the forum page/post as an additional evidence of the contract/agreement, it would be blocked by login page. Your concerns are understandable, but you can exclude only specific crawlers without much risk and this would help user with their cases if trade will go bad.

https://conifer.rhizome.org/

If there is any evidence ( like you mentioned a trade agreement or contract) on the forums that you require for a report, and it has been hidden or edited, mods can view it.

Will mods also contact, for example, paypal for me and submit evidence for me, if case I need it? Rhetorical question. Mods here providing anything will hold the same value as if I saved this page and then submitted it to paypal for review (because it authenticity is harder to guarantee), however, I know for a fact from experience they do value more confirmed 3rd party sources, like web.archive.org, which has been around for decade+ and older than some middleschool kids nowadays.

Archived