Backpack.tf March Madness 2021

A Delicious Cashew

6th ever Backpack.tf March Madness! The college basketball tournament is almost here! Show off your college basketball knowledge by competing in the Backpack.tf March Madness Group!

https://fantasy.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2021/en/group?redirect=tcmen%3A%2F%2Fx-callback-url%2FshowGroup%3FgroupID%3D3720551&ex_cid=tcmen2021_email&groupID=3720551&groupp=YmFja3BhY2sudGY%3D&inviteuser=ezI3REI0NEJELUUyOEUtNDdBQy1BREQ0LUI1QjEyOEMwMTc0OX0%3D&invitesource=email

Group: Backpack.tf 2021
Password: backpack.tf

If you want to join the backpack.tf competition, go to the link above, press join group, and enter the password. Make your name somewhat related to your steam profile so I know who you are. You must be active on the discord or forums to participate.

If you don't know what March Madness is, join anyways. Just fill out your bracket randomly. People have won in the past doing just that - check out the previous threads if you don't believe me. It's totally valid to pick off of logos, mascots, school names, whatever your dog says, etc. All I ask is you don't just choose the lower # seed in every matchup (ie always predicting every #1 and #2 to win) because there's no fun in that. You want to predict some of the upsets, like a #11 over a #6 or a #3 making a run to the Final 4.

Brackets can be filled out starting Sunday March 14th at ~5 pm pacific and must be filled out by March 19th at 9:00 AM Pacific

There will be prizes that will be determined based on how many people enter. If multiple people tie, the tiebreaker is most picks correct out of 63. If still tied, they share the prize.

Last thread - https://forums.backpack.tf/topic/70279-backpacktf-march-madness-2019/

once again did my quality picks based purely on the logos of the teams. I seem to remember not finishing dead last in at least one of the previous years so lets go

My inner AI found a pattern within teams, I'm sure I nailed everything down, even to the final score, good luck trying to catch up to me as much as y'all can :)

Tournament has started so brackets are now locked

As there are 15 people that filled out brackets, 1st place will get 10 keys, 2nd place with get 4 keys, and 3rd place will get 1 key. If multiple people tie, the tiebreaker is most picks correct out of 63. If still tied, they share the prize.

18 hours ago, Carnage said:

Loyola'ed again

Illinois looked so legit in the Big 10 tourney too gdi

Still only the Elite 8, but it appears Shuffle Spy will win 1st, Blaze will be 2nd, and AD/HD will be 3rd. There is no scenario where that order changes, regardless of how well Gonzaga does in the rest of the tournament

Baylor is the champion! That wraps up our tournament, thanks to everyone for joining. Surprisingly no one chose Baylor to win it all - scores are definitely lower than average this year. Shuffle Spy finishes in 1st, Blaze in 2nd, and AD/HD in 3rd. Prizes have been sent out to the 3 winners.

image.thumb.png.f57630ea74b2a68d2f05755021641c76.png

Archived