[PC] Level 0 Strange Carbonado Botkiller Rocket Launcher Mk.I

[RCR] The Red Cross

^^
The level on a Botkiller/Australium (and killstreak kit/fabricator) are tied to which tour they were loot for (example your 5th tour will give you a level 5, your 12th will give you a level 12 etc). The levels cap out somehere around 245 or something, so instead of giving a level 245 weapon it gives you a level 0.

Getting the more common type of botkiller for that tour (in this case Carbonado) is basically worst case outcome as far as getting a special level 0 memento, and the sheer ocean of Silver Mk.II and Carbonado Botkillers that nobody wants brings demand down quite a bit. If it were something quite rare like a Blood Botkiller or Gold Botkiller Mk.I (nobody really plays those tours, definitely not enough to grind for a level 0) some people might get excited about that. People do get excited about level 0 Australiums because getting lucky on a significant tour number like that is quite rare.

I wouldn't expect anything more than a handful of smarties on top of regular price.

3 hours ago, Alecto said:

^^
The level on a Botkiller/Australium (and killstreak kit/fabricator) are tied to which tour they were loot for (example your 5th tour will give you a level 5, your 12th will give you a level 12 etc). The levels cap out somehere around 245 or something, so instead of giving a level 245 weapon it gives you a level 0.

Getting the more common type of botkiller for that tour (in this case Carbonado) is basically worst case outcome as far as getting a special level 0 memento, and the sheer ocean of Silver Mk.II and Carbonado Botkillers that nobody wants brings demand down quite a bit. If it were something quite rare like a Blood Botkiller or Gold Botkiller Mk.I (nobody really plays those tours, definitely not enough to grind for a level 0) some people might get excited about that. People do get excited about level 0 Australiums because getting lucky on a significant tour number like that is quite rare.

I wouldn't expect anything more than a handful of smarties on top of regular price.

iirc its tour 256 and any multiple of that

1 hour ago, Ninjah said:

iirc its tour 256 and any multiple of that

its 0 to 255. It is/or at least was when mvm first came out. 255 was max tour until they did a patch. The drop now is limited by the data type that the tour count is stored as. ie. 8 bit integer and its exponence once above tour 255 wil revert back to the next cycle of 0 to 255, rinse and repeat

When MvM first came out, your level on your badge was actually capped at 200. My friend used to sell his level 200 rust weapons and get like a key or 2 (since he was the only one with 200 tours in Oil Spill, he was the only source.) Lots of people would sell level 200 carbonados.

I have sold a few botkillers over the years with special levels. I think one guy was a level 100 collector.

I know my husband still has 11 weapons with odd numbers due to the MVM glitch. 3 or 4 of them are one of a kinds.   Hmmmm, wonder what they would go for.

On 3/18/2021 at 5:16 PM, Mrs TS said:

I know my husband still has 11 weapons with odd numbers due to the MVM glitch. 3 or 4 of them are one of a kinds.   Hmmmm, wonder what they would go for.

I bought my (what I thought) 1o2 and 1o15 odd leveled handshakes in a bulk deal for 40 keys, 15 for the 1o15 and 25 for 1o2 but definitely a "need the right buyer" for those prices I'd imagine.

Archived