what are spelled items?

La Fuerza

ok, before we continue, I wanna say that I’m very new to trading - and asking these questions helps me a lot. thanks for understanding :D

so I’ve been seeing these really pricey items being put out on the market that have “Halloween spells” on them. What do these spells do? I’ve never seen these types of items and I find these spells cool. I’m super new to trading, so I have a pretty crap backpack, and I wanna learn more about the economy. And hopefully I can learn about new aspects to help me get started!

To put it in a nutshell, Spells are legacy items, that when applied to a cosmetic or weapon, give varying effects, such as altering the pitch of voice lines, a color-shifting paint job, creating a glowing trail of footprints, and so on. What makes them rare is that they no longer drop (and haven't dropped for 5 years) combined with the fact that any unapplied spells have been deleted out of everyone's inventories.

How much they add to an item's value will vary widely, depending on the item and the spell(s) attached, but it will always be at least a few keys for anything non-unusual.

3 hours ago, Scott Bakula said:

To put it in a nutshell, Spells are legacy items, that when applied to a cosmetic or weapon, give varying effects, such as altering the pitch of voice lines, a color-shifting paint job, creating a glowing trail of footprints, and so on. What makes them rare is that they no longer drop (and haven't dropped for 5 years) combined with the fact that any unapplied spells have been deleted out of everyone's inventories.

How much they add to an item's value will vary widely, depending on the item and the spell(s) attached, but it will always be at least a few keys for anything non-unusual.

You also forgot to mention that weapons with Spells have effects when they kill (for an example, on a weapon with Exorcism ghosts appear when the player gets a kill with that weapon)

12 hours ago, A Mediocre Trade said:

ok, before we continue, I wanna say that I’m very new to trading - and asking these questions helps me a lot. thanks for understanding :D

so I’ve been seeing these really pricey items being put out on the market that have “Halloween spells” on them. What do these spells do? I’ve never seen these types of items and I find these spells cool. I’m super new to trading, so I have a pretty crap backpack, and I wanna learn more about the economy. And hopefully I can learn about new aspects to help me get started!

Video about Spells(Outdated but Relevant) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag61rkDXW0E

Spell Trading Discord: https://discord.gg/TKE7nvXv (Invite expires after 7 days)

Archived