Steam Question

[RCR] The Red Cross

Every time I have a streaming service on one monitor and browse steam profiles on the other, the profiles with animated backgrounds lag my streams.

Is there a program or chrome extension (I use chrome to surf steam) that stops the background animation and therefore the lag? 

Thanks

One day valve will make it a setting.... right?

Pls gabe my DSL can't handle opening someone's profile that has 20 animations mid match 😧

use opera gx, don't ever use chrome, unless you want to fill ur browser with useless addons (even tho tampermonkey is available for opera gx and can be used for any addons)

6 hours ago, [RCR] The Red Cross said:

Every time I have a streaming service on one monitor and browse steam profiles on the other, the profiles with animated backgrounds lag my streams.

Is there a program or chrome extension (I use chrome to surf steam) that stops the background animation and therefore the lag? 

Thanks

Add this filter to uBlock Origin:

steamcommunity.com##video

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 9:07 AM, renshin said:

use opera gx, don't ever use chrome, unless you want to fill ur browser with useless addons (even tho tampermonkey is available for opera gx and can be used for any addons)

Note that Opera Gx is ran by Opera (Yes they are related how surprising) which has been known to do some shady stuff in the past.

Archived