I clicked on a phishing link, but didn't enter any login info. Am I fine?

FlaSh

The phishing link (Don't click unless you're sure about what i'm asking)

A guy randomly added me, and said his friend wanted to trade me, but he couldn't add me because of steam errors, thus asking me to go to his profile and add him instead.

Well, i clicked on the link, and right after that realized the link wasn't the official steamcommunity URL.

Closed the page right away and deleted him. Didn't enter steam ID or password.

Am I safe from hijacks? Never been in this kind of situation, so I don't know if I should change my password or not right now. I really don't want to be unable to trade for 2 weeks, so i'm hoping i don't have to change it.

You'll be fine, i have clicked one before just like u but nothing happened. I even changed my password to be 100% sure. Anyway, to all traders out there, there is an increasing number of these idiots going around and saying that friends wanna trade but can't add and they give u some link. Common links like steamcoNmunity, stReamcommunity, steamcommuniFty etc have been going around. Please beware!

You'll be fine, i have clicked one before just like u but nothing happened. I even changed my password to be 100% sure. Anyway, to all traders out there, there is an increasing number of these idiots going around and saying that friends wanna trade but can't add and they give u some link. Common links like steamcoNmunity, stReamcommunity, steamcommuniFty etc have been going around. Please beware!

seen communuity before

So guys, all i am saying is, if u get an add, and u open the chatbox and there is a message there with a link ALREADY THERE BEFORE U EVEN ENGAGED IN A CONVERSATION, please be careful, take a closer look at that link.

On my profile i just put this: Phishers gonna phish, but your wasting your time here!

I haven't got any random adds and phishing links sent. Maybe that will work.

oh god man, you're done for! tommorow, your backpack will be wiped and your account will be deleted! QUICK, RUN!!!

Kidding, you'll be fine, as long as you didn't enter your steam details then no haxor will get your sheet.

>Sends you phishing link

>You don't report.

Wat

I get like 10 of these daily, would take 2 much time to report all.

2 cool 2 report

Nothing will happen aslong as you didnt sign in and give away your code.

If you do just go back to your main computer and disable all steam guard enabled devices.

If you accidentally clicked one on a Mac with Safari as the default it says "HEY YOU CLICKED A PHISHING LINK YOU SHOULD NOT GO HERE" and if you do it just redirects you to the ACTUAL website. O.o Still always double-check before putting in info.

I clicked on one a couple weeks ago, nothing happened.

It was like steamcommuinity.com

Notice the i before the n.

Same thing happened to me and I clicked one and idiotically enough I entered my info. You're safe, no viruses on that site.

They also need the security code, which I idiotically put in since every IP I use is in like Vancouver.

Your probably save but you need to scan system, i suggest malware bytes to scan to be sure.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/

Also don't type any passwords at all untill you known you are 100% clean.

phishing sites can still unclude unknown malware just incase people still click them but don't fill in any acount info.

Same thing happened to me and I clicked one and idiotically enough I entered my info. You're safe, no viruses on that site.

They also need the security code, which I idiotically put in since every IP I use is in like Vancouver.

Theres a reason valve gives you an ip checker to compare the location of the login request and the device you're using. 

Theres a reason valve gives you an ip checker to compare the location of the login request and the device you're using. 

Meh, I'm an idiot.

Archived