Help on cashing out for the future

I Eat Hitmen

Hey all, just was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to safely cashout in TF2 considering how scammers can easily chargeback their payment. Ever since selling on marketplace.tf is not really available anymore, I am not sure that there is really a safe options. I hear about sites like mannco.store and bitskins, but I am not sure about how legit these are, and if they are even popular. I am afraid of dealing with someone who will chargeback on paypal even if they have trust on bp.tf and whatnot, as I have seen people who have built up a big inventory and trust just to make a big scam. I know that my inventory is not worth particularly very much, but for the future it does not seem like there are any good options. Any advice?

2 hours ago, I Eat Hitmen said:

Hey all, just was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to safely cashout in TF2 considering how scammers can easily chargeback their payment. Ever since selling on marketplace.tf is not really available anymore, I am not sure that there is really a safe options. I hear about sites like mannco.store and bitskins, but I am not sure about how legit these are, and if they are even popular. I am afraid of dealing with someone who will chargeback on paypal even if they have trust on bp.tf and whatnot, as I have seen people who have built up a big inventory and trust just to make a big scam. I know that my inventory is not worth particularly very much, but for the future it does not seem like there are any good options. Any advice?

id recommend cashing out using people who actually are old traders with tons of rep like the backpack.tf mod erik
they are highly trusted and have a near 0% chance of scamming you
there are other people too ofc

If you're super risk-averse you can convert all your stuff to steam-marketable stuff.  I know steam funds aren't cash, but presumably you'll be buying games at some point so you'd save your money then by using your accumulated steam funds.

10 minutes ago, Australian guy said:

It's your first post and you're already gone off steam?

Nah they havent linked a profile. Probably logged into forums through google or whatever options there are

I can't say chargebacks don't happen these days (maybe people report them on SteamRep) but I skim through almost all new reports here on backpack.tf (except when I'm on vacation) for the past couple of years and I don't remember ever seeing a report about a PayPal chargeback. 

Maybe the same scammers switched to abusing the flawed backpack.tf trust system. It feels like reports about these so called "exit scams" appear every couple of months. Just make other person go first and you don't need to chargeback to scam, right? 😬

Plus it's probably not that easy to do a chargeback with PayPal "friends&family", I guess scammer needs to either claim that they lost control of their account or do it through their credit card and I don't think PayPal would allow this many times.

D. Alex, thanks for the input. I usually would like to go first, but they always say unless you have more trust or something like that, you need to go first. So most of the time I am a bit afraid. But, I have been linked several good paypal buyers, which I think will be good for the future.

Archived