New trade server Stock Pot Inn

Lobbyist

Just raising awareness of my new general trading server I've recently opened named Stock Pot Inn! the server info can be found in the group page. I'd appreciate it if you joined it to be notified of giveaways I'll be doing on the server all this week!
Stock Pot Inn is intended to be a relaxed trading/hangout environement for all walks of traders. newbie or veteran or just wanting to fool around on a custom server!

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/stockpotinn

12 hours ago, Vebster said:

Basically second vatican?

Its his own server, dont have to compare it to vatican just because someone wants to help out the community with another server.

vatican specialty is unusual trading. mine is general trading/hangout. at first i considered to make it a unusual trading but wanted to appeal to a larger demographic so i went with all around trading :)

1 hour ago, Lobbyist said:

vatican specialty is unusual trading. mine is general trading/hangout. at first i considered to make it a unusual trading but wanted to appeal to a larger demographic so i went with all around trading :)

The problem with that is there's still dozens of trade servers that are "Trading and hangout" that get very low pop unless they're Trade Minecraft Neon, at which point they get high pop but zero people trading. Because of how low-end (<1 key) trading is totally dead and dominated by bots, most non-unusual trade servers have lost their actual purpose

On 1/4/2021 at 6:49 PM, mikey boi said:

The problem with that is there's still dozens of trade servers that are "Trading and hangout" that get very low pop unless they're Trade Minecraft Neon, at which point they get high pop but zero people trading. Because of how low-end (<1 key) trading is totally dead and dominated by bots, most non-unusual trade servers have lost their actual purpose

while it is true that low end trading is not done on as grand a scale as it used to be. it still happens in peer to peer trading on servers. non-unusual do still happen on trade servers. and as i said the intended purpose is not for only low end trading but for all manners. simple fact is that trading is not as large scale as it used to be due to bots yes but also due to a dwindling population over the years. naturally its difficult for new servers to amass a playerbase but not impossible

19 hours ago, Lobbyist said:

while it is true that low end trading is not done on as grand a scale as it used to be. it still happens in peer to peer trading on servers. non-unusual do still happen on trade servers. and as i said the intended purpose is not for only low end trading but for all manners. simple fact is that trading is not as large scale as it used to be due to bots yes but also due to a dwindling population over the years. naturally its difficult for new servers to amass a playerbase but not impossible

better to make it high tier trading though, you can give donators perks and usually bigger traders are willing to let go of keys for perks

like if it was exclusively high-tier/mid-tier you'd have people actively wanting reservation slots and advertising rights

it's just going to be players idling or farming kills with no trade and it'll die like a lot of small trade servers do

Archived