Explaining Modern Stuff to Cavemen

Kevin the Chicken God

This is kinda a forum for the readers, not the forum creator

Imma fan of Roosterteeth, I like their stuff and whatnot, so this idea is completely unoriginal

What part of modern life would be funny to attempt to explain to a caveman

you can take a shot at it in your own post, or let others respond with their attempts

How toilets work ^.^

you sit on a bowl and let loose your waist, then pull a lever which releases water to take it elsewhere

that was a pretty easy one :3

I'd say English probably. Or any language for that matter. Because, how would you teach them if you couldn't understand their language? It would be like taking a Spanish teacher from Spain who doesn't speak English, and telling him to teach kids to speak Spanish in America that only knew English. That, or the galaxy. Or string theory. Most people now don't even understand that.

space, atoms, DNA, stuff like that

space: beyond the sky is a thing called space. where other planets like the one we live on exist.

dna: what you're made of

id like to know how you'd explain blocking someone on the internet

space: beyond the sky is a thing called space. where other planets like the one we live on exist.

dna: what you're made of

id like to know how you'd explain blocking someone on the internet

Well they wouldn't know English so you'd probably have to say "herpp derp herp herppp derpp derp herp herp derp herpp derp herp herppp derpp derp herp herp derp"

Anyways. I'd like to know how you'd explain how taking pictures work or even harder, videos.

Well they wouldn't know English so you'd probably have to say "herpp derp herp herppp derpp defp herp herp derp herpp derp herp herppp derpp defp herp herp derp"

Anyways. I'd like to know how you'd explain how taking pictures work or even harder, videos.

i could just answer the same to your question. but that response got old fast.

pictures: putting a moment on a paper so you can look at it and remember the fun times.

videos: moving pictures with sound

internet & computers

you'd have to explain computers before internet :3

computers: boxes that store information

internet: the collection of that information

specific actions are better for this kinda thing, rather than objects (i.e. checking someone's Facebook, sending a text, etc.)

I'd say English probably. Or any language for that matter. Because, how would you teach them if you couldn't understand their language? It would be like taking a Spanish teacher from Spain who doesn't speak English, and telling him to teach kids to speak Spanish in America that only knew English. That, or the galaxy. Or string theory. Most people now don't even understand that.

Actually, depending on what is meant by "cavemen", many early primates had no language at all; grunts and other rudimentary communication was very common for a long time. In fact, one of the main advantages that allowed Neanderthal to increase their range was not just tools, but also language.

So it would be more like explaining English to someone who spoke Spanish, using only grunting and pointing.

I shall now explain how a computer works to a caveman

*grunt*....*grunt grunt* *grunt* *flails hands wildly* *grunt grunt grunt* *grunt*

There. He should get that

Archived