I can get banned for this is this a scam

so I got a deal from someone to advertise his tf2 bet site and for this i will get 100 wining per week as a pay 

Now I didn't accept it because Im scared about potential banning  or of a scam 

What do you think?

Can a admin help me?

100 what? Dollars/Keys/Ref?

Do some due diligence and see if its a scam, if its that much money then given you are a newbie it seems he might be lying to you.  

Ask yourself questions, was it out of the blue or is it a friend? etc etc

2 hours ago, ghost84 said:

Ha, I used to mess around with them by signing in with a canary account and see what they say. Usually once you sign in there is nothing else that happens, you can't even click on anything.

you're not supposed to sign in,lmao...once you sign you,they have your credentials a.k.a. your id and password of the account. i highly recommend you to change your password,revoke api key aand deauthorize all devices connected to your account even if they put the option of 'is this you?'

5 hours ago, cozmin said:

so I got a deal from someone to advertise his tf2 bet site and for this i will get 100 wining per week as a pay 

Now I didn't accept it because Im scared about potential banning  or of a scam 

What do you think?

Can a admin help me?

old and obsolete scam method. ignore them

2 hours ago, Diamond jozu said:

you're not supposed to sign in,lmao...once you sign you,they have your credentials a.k.a. your id and password of the account. i highly recommend you to change your password,revoke api key aand deauthorize all devices connected to your account even if they put the option of 'is this you?'

they signed in with a "canary" account (which im gonna assume means alt) just to mess with them. it brings little to no harm to their actual account and the scammer wont find any use in a worthless account.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
4 hours ago, Diamond jozu said:

I signed in to one of those once (with my real account). It was a real steam login though; I didn't need to type in my password again since I was already logged in in another tab. Not sure what harm could come from that.

7 minutes ago, MeFigaYoma said:

I signed in to one of those once (with my real account). It was a real steam login though; I didn't need to type in my password again since I was already logged in in another tab. Not sure what harm could come from that.

If there was no attempt made to steal your account via a fake login page, then the scammer might ask you to deposit a certain amount of money into the site as a "sign of trust", so they can then trust you with 100 or so $ per week.Of course once you do that, they will either ask for more money or block you.There is a video I think of a similar CSGO scam being carried out on youtube.

9 hours ago, Diamond jozu said:

Canary account. A throwaway. Obviously I'm not stupid enough to sign in with my real one.

4 hours ago, ghost84 said:

Canary account. A throwaway. Obviously I'm not stupid enough to sign in with my real one.

i know that but i kinda feel paranoid that it may secretly download some file or other crap that can do harmful things.cant take things for granted.

9 hours ago, snaz said:

If there was no attempt made to steal your account via a fake login page, then the scammer might ask you to deposit a certain amount of money into the site as a "sign of trust", so they can then trust you with 100 or so $ per week.Of course once you do that, they will either ask for more money or block you.There is a video I think of a similar CSGO scam being carried out on youtube.

its an oold scam where they may not be good in doing api scam so they do this way so these days most scammers have changed to using the api scam method as it is easier and more effective.i have been in some discord server for scammers and its what i have witnessed...