Lets make a life for scammers just a little bit harder

Not_a_good_sniper

I want to talk about bots. As I understand (but I am not sure), bots are not forced to make a background check is user banned or not. Correct me if I am wrong.
If I am right, how about to add/change a rule which forces bots to make a background check for active bans? I don't think it's hard, considering backpack.tf already got an API for this (api docs) and property which shows steam rep active ban

image.png.7ff1bc59bc7a0517da725a8f9a01151f.png 

This will not make life much harder for scammers, but at least bots will not give keys and refs for a stolen hat that easy. What do you think about this?

1 hour ago, Not_a_good_sniper said:

I want to talk about bots. As I understand (but I am not sure), bots are not forced to make a background check is user banned or not. Correct me if I am wrong.
If I am right, how about to add/change a rule which forces bots to make a background check for active bans? I don't think it's hard, considering backpack.tf already got an API for this (api docs) and property which shows steam rep active ban

image.png.7ff1bc59bc7a0517da725a8f9a01151f.png 

This will not make life much harder for scammers, but at least bots will not give keys and refs for a stolen hat that easy. What do you think about this?

Bots are subject to the same rules as regular users. There are already measures in place for most trade bots that automatically decline SteamRep marked users.

As the guy above me just said 99% of trade bots already decline trades with sr marked scammers its usually the bp banned ones, and the ones with a massive red rep.tf page that end up having no problem getting items from bots simply due to the fact bots only check steamrep bans and nothing else.

Doesn't seem necessary, as others mentioned bots decline trades from tagged scammers. And as for humans, there's a rule that if they trade with scammers they get a warningand they get perma banned if they do it knowingly or multiple times

Archived