Key bind help

1nk

Recently rebinded my movement keys+mouse1, accidentally removed the binds that let me move around spectator mode (switch spectator targets with mouse1, didn't touch mouse2, firstperson with spacebar), anyone know those console commands?

I dont know the actual commands but when I dont know I usually type "find (what you are looking for) and it will show you all commands

For example, to search for all spectator commands

type

find spectator

then search and Scroll through all of them - they usually have some kind of info on what each command does.

Hope it helps

just go to options, and click on default, which will default all keys to their original intended binds even the ones you cant see in the options menu. sucks yes but this will most likely fix your issue
if that doesnt work there is a more advanced method:

go to your tf directory click on cfg folder then go to your config.cfg and remove that this wil make the commands go to their original state when you launch the game. 

Just now, Captainfluffy said:

just go to options, and click on default, which will default all keys to their original intended binds even the ones you cant see in the options menu. sucks yes but this will most likely fix your issue
if that doesnt work there is a more advanced method:

go to your tf directory click on cfg folder then go to your config.cfg and remove that this wil make the commands go to their original state when you launch the game. 

i already have a config and don't want to remove the existing commands for other keys, but thanks

Just now, 1nk said:

i already have a config and don't want to remove the existing commands for other keys, but thanks

did u read the first idea i mentioned?

try it 

44 minutes ago, villain said:

I dont know the actual commands but when I dont know I usually type "find (what you are looking for) and it will show you all commands

For example, to search for all spectator commands

type

find spectator

then search and Scroll through all of them - they usually have some kind of info on what each command does.

Hope it helps

couldn't find the ones for scrolling through, those are mostly for server logistics, but thanks anyways

1 minute ago, Captainfluffy said:

did u read the first idea i mentioned?

try it 

same issue, i just want to find the commands for scrolling through spectator and don't want to mess with all of the keybinds i currently have set up

2 minutes ago, 1nk said:

same issue, i just want to find the commands for scrolling through spectator and don't want to mess with all of the keybinds i currently have set up

did u just try stuff out in console? if so and you didnt close it i belive you should stil be able to select previous commands you put in with up and down keys

doesn't work for me, all i need is the exact commands to do that, since i want to have multiple things bound to each key

did u just try stuff out in console? if so and you didnt close it i belive you should stil be able to select previous commands you put in with up and down keys

Just now, 1nk said:

doesn't work for me, all i need is the exact commands to do that, since i want to have multiple things bound to each key

ahh okay so more specific kinda things like that, right 

i can hlep out with that have this laying around incase someone needs me to make a simple spec config
spec_autodirector: Auto-director chooses best view modes while spectating
spec_freeze_distance_max: Maximum random distance from the target to stop when framing them in observer freeze cam.
spec_freeze_distance_min: Minimum random distance from the target to stop when framing them in observer freeze cam.
spec_freeze_time: Time spend frozen in observer freeze cam.
spec_freeze_traveltime: Time taken to zoom in to frame a target in observer freeze cam.
spec_mode: Set spectator mode
spec_next: Spectate next player
spec_player: Spectate player by name
| spec_pos: dump position and angles to the console
spec_prev: Spectate previous player
spec_scoreboard:
spec_track: Tracks an entity in spec mode

Hope this maybe helps other wise idk man.

ahh okay so more specific kinda things like that, right 

i can hlep out with that have this laying around incase someone needs me to make a simple spec config
spec_autodirector: Auto-director chooses best view modes while spectating
spec_freeze_distance_max: Maximum random distance from the target to stop when framing them in observer freeze cam.
spec_freeze_distance_min: Minimum random distance from the target to stop when framing them in observer freeze cam.
spec_freeze_time: Time spend frozen in observer freeze cam.
spec_freeze_traveltime: Time taken to zoom in to frame a target in observer freeze cam.
spec_mode: Set spectator mode
spec_next: Spectate next player
spec_player: Spectate player by name
| spec_pos: dump position and angles to the console
spec_prev: Spectate previous player
spec_scoreboard:
spec_track: Tracks an entity in spec mode

Hope this maybe helps other wise idk man.

Exactly what I was looking for! Thank you

Archived