What better? OBS or ShadowPlay?

Relaxbro

Depends what you want out of them. OBS is better in almost every capacity for recording video, but Shadowplay is convenient to have if you're not immediately planning on recording anything. Honestly? Use both of them, Shadowplay for replays, and OBS for anything standalone. I'm on an AMD card but that's what I do with ReLive.

I've streamed before with shadowplay and recorded matches. Honestly, OBS if you really want that quality to be good, but for basic starting videos, shadowplay does just fine.

If you need a simple software for recording and sharing replays with friends, go with ShadowPlay. On the other hand, if you're going to use it professionally, you'd better start with OBS. It is a little bit harder to set up, but it will eventually pay off.

Shadowplay of course. Takes 0 fps. I beleive you are not recording videos so this is the best thing "green" gpu have. Good for sharing moments but (at least for me) I can't seperate mic and game recorded audio, but I don't think regular player cares. Otherwise OBS might be better for having lots of settings and ability to stream (yeah shadowplay have this feature but obs is way better just bc you can add vidgets)

OBS for streaming, Shadowplay for making videos.

OBS has much better tools and quality, and a 10x better interface and software package, that makes it far superior for Streaming than Shadowplay, but Shadowplay gives you pretty damn good video quality with no need to mess with settings at near-zero performance loss, making it a great plug-and-play software for simply shooting game footage / making videos.

Shadowplay is excellent for gameplay DVR and takes up very little drive space until you tell it to save a clip. There is no need to start and stop although it can be handy when you get into resource-intense areas. For streaming though, OBS is a must.

Archived