Stacking 2 Quickswitches? How does it work?

Stylish

I know this will sound like a stupid question, but on trade servers like FP I often see people stacking say, 2 Blast Defense or other quickswitches with a hat. Google/Steam Community yielded me methods that didn't work and the people on FP weren't any help in my asking. The pictured fellow didn't respond either.

What's the methodology here? I have 2 blast's I'd like to stack with the 3rd effect hat, even though I know it's only temporary, just to see what the combo would look like.

Thanks in advance ♥️

20201208212642_1.jpg

20201208212644_1.jpg

This is what I call, the "Internet glitch". With this method you can stack 3 of any hat in existence regardless of the equip region. But the thing is that this only lasts until you die, hit the spawn resupply, or leave the game. So it's very temporary. It's a great way of tricking people into thinking you own an impossible combo tho lol

Pretty sure there is a way to permanently equip a hat and a misc via quickswitch. There should be a video from way back that involves the console. Not sure about two miscs and a hat though.

Edit: I never had the reset from dying / server switching / resups.

6 hours ago, LSO said:

Pretty sure there is a way to permanently equip a hat and a misc via quickswitch. There should be a video from way back that involves the console. Not sure about two miscs and a hat though.

Edit: I never had the reset from dying / server switching / resups.

He knows that, and it's not what the poster is asking. 

He is asking about stacking two different quickswitch "miscs" to make otherwise impossible combos using multiple new effects, as pictured in the loadout.

You can see that the Demoman there is wearing two Blast Defenses, one with Green Giggler and one with Plum Prankster, as well as having a Hat with Laugh-o-Lantern to make a triple Lantern Combo.

The standard method of quickswitching (the one that stays even after you die) doesn't work for this. You'd only be able to wear one of the Blast Defenses with the Hat.

This is the method you have to do, and although i've never done it myself, it seems to require unplugging your ethernet cable or turning off your WiFi.

It also doesn't stay on after you die or touch the resupply cabinet. You'll have to lose connection everytime.

I have however seen someone with a custom script that essentially re-equips all of the cosmetics automatically, and somehow also prevents the loadout from resetting when touching a resupply cabinet.

No idea how that worked, but he somehow managed to make it possible to always have his Glitched loadout equipped, regardless of if he died or touched Resupply.

8 minutes ago, Pollen! said:

He is asking about stacking two different quickswitch "miscs" to make otherwise impossible combos using multiple new effects, as pictured in the loadout.

You can see that the Demoman there is wearing two Blast Defenses, one with Green Giggler and one with Plum Prankster, as well as having a Hat with Laugh-o-Lantern to make a triple Lantern Combo.

The standard method of quickswitching (the one that stays even after you die) doesn't work for this. You'd only be able to wear one of the Blast Defenses with the Hat.

This is the method you have to do, and although i've never done it myself, it seems to require unplugging your ethernet cable or turning off your WiFi.

It also doesn't stay on after you die or touch the resupply cabinet. You'll have to lose connection everytime.

I have however seen someone with a custom script that essentially re-equips all of the cosmetics automatically, and somehow also prevents the loadout from resetting when touching a resupply cabinet.

No idea how that worked, but he somehow managed to make it possible to always have his Glitched loadout equipped, regardless of if he died or touched Resupply.

I've tried the stuff mentioned in this video as well to no avail, as soon as I turn the connection back on, the conflicting hat is forced off automatically, which is what I'm not understanding. There's something I'm missing, some variable.

16 hours ago, Pollen! said:

He is asking about stacking two different quickswitch "miscs"

Thanks. I think covered his situation here

23 hours ago, LSO said:

Not sure about two miscs and a hat though.

Yeah, no doubt there's some way you can replicate the method entirely via a script to achieve this. It's been years since I played but I think there also might have been something about being next to supply cabinets when doing quickswitches.

16 hours ago, Stylish said:

• 1 year later...
On 12/9/2020 at 10:40 AM, Stylish said:

I've tried the stuff mentioned in this video as well to no avail, as soon as I turn the connection back on, the conflicting hat is forced off automatically, which is what I'm not understanding. There's something I'm missing, some variable.

Can you find that person?
edit: wtf I quoted this: