What's next? What to buy to profit.

Cloud Templar

Hello guys,

I managed to get some keys (5) and got some other stuff to sell to get more keys (like 10 more keys) - 15 keys in total. What should i buy with it to start rolling? 

Unusuals? More valuable hats? I don't really know.

If unusuals where to look for good low price offers ? 

Looking for your wisdom guys :)!

I honestly don't think '15 keys in total' will be enough to make profit as you're expecting. Low-tier trading is literal cancer, you'd get undercut frequently by bot users, if you wanna get into the trading scene you should get a few hundred keys first imo

With 15 keys you should start looking for quicksells and heavily discounted hats. Check sites like scraptf or stntrading for good deals (unusuals only few refs above buy orders) and make small profits every time. 

Started with 11 keys, don't see any problem in it. People at trade servers most time sell their items really cheap, so you can buy there and sell there or at some other place.

I would suggest going to a trade bot, they sell them usually at or slightly below sell orders so you could maybe make some profit buying quick sells. As what you should actually buy, buy an unusual hat on one of the classes you main, if you aren't able to sell it you are left with a  hat you can actually enjoy, and if you really like it then there is a high chance someone else will. I think you know this but before you buy ALWAYS check the buy and sell orders on unusuals, if the buy and sell order are close there next to no profit  to bet made, and also sometimes a hat would be priced at 18, 20, 15, etc. keys but people are buying and selling for almost half that price, so when you see a 20 key unusual only being sold for 14 keys, check the buy orders so you don't get in a bad trade. (I've done this myself countless times)

3 hours ago, OFWGKTA said:

I honestly don't think '15 keys in total' will be enough to make profit as you're expecting. Low-tier trading is literal cancer, you'd get undercut frequently by bot users, if you wanna get into the trading scene you should get a few hundred keys first imo

You're insane. Most people who want to start tf2 trading are children with their parents Credit Cards. A few hundreds keys is something most of them see as almost unobtainable, or absolute endgame at best...

19 minutes ago, Pollen! said:

You're insane. Most people who want to start tf2 trading are children with their parents Credit Cards, a few hundreds keys is something most of them see as unobtainable or absolute endgame at best...

He is right. But I think people are trading to enjoy the process of exchanging hats and slowly filling your backpack with keys. However there are still some crazy guys who are trading bc of "it's a real work to earn real money". I do enjoy trading bc I can finaly afford at least 1 unusual when back in the days I can't. But I do not even think about real money (at least I think with 22 keys).

Edit: Donating like 20$ just to trade virtual items in one virtual game is kinda meeh.... This gives nothing, better build keys yourself as it will teach you how two trade

2 hours ago, kajzer said:

With 15 keys you should start looking for quicksells and heavily discounted hats. Check sites like scraptf or stntrading for good deals (unusuals only few refs above buy orders) and make small profits every time. 

Scraptf sucks now. What happened to their unusual bot?

Thanks guys for really good feedback. TBH only real money i spent on TF i spent on cosmetics i enjoy. Every item i got for trading i earned trough trades, I don't invest real money savings into virtual game trading, I'm adult man ;) As @Not_a_good_sniper said, I enjoy trading and the trhill of profit is kinda my thing :D 

Waiting for more advices :)

5 hours ago, OFWGKTA said:

few hundred?? and then what? I started with $1 lmao

15 is a bit low to start into unusuals imo just keep doing what you have been doing before, expand your horizons by doing some spells, skins stuff like that

do stonks

Or better yet, trade in low tier unusuals 10-50 keys, dip your toes in the cesspool and get a feel for what its like. Once you get more experience invest more.

The more you put in the more you'll get out if you do it right.

While I'd suggest a few more keys (like 5-10), 15's not a terrible starting point.

The biggest thing to remember is that at that level, you're not going to have a huge amount of luck going "buy for pure -> sell for more pure -> repeat". It's all about the sidegrades and sweets. If you've got a 9 key hat, try to trade it for a 10 key hat or a different 9 key hat + some sweets like a couple paints. Those little profits are what will add up, allowing you to juggle more hats at once or start moving into the mid-range stuff. It's also important to know when to take a loss and move on. You will buy duds; it is inevitable. So, rather than wasting time trying to recoup your losses, take the hit and move onto more profitable ventures, as you'll make more profit in the long term that way.

13 hours ago, awsommv said:

few hundred?? and then what? I started with $1 lmao

I started from nothing as well, but stuff was different back then... 

19 hours ago, hyro said:

Few houndred? Bruh. Starting with 15 keys is hard but not impossible

If you wanna be more efficient you shouldn't bother with low tiers, thats why i said few hundred.

19 minutes ago, OFWGKTA said:

If you wanna be more efficient you shouldn't bother with low tiers, thats why i said few hundred.

Encouraging an inexperienced trader to throw 200 keys into items withou them having the experience to know what is and isn't a good deal/worth buying does not seem like good advice to me

Unusuals below 20 keys are often hell to resell - I'd suggest buying things like weapons with appropriate strange parts or painted hats (make sure it's actually a decnt hat with decent paint) for cheap where you can find them. Try to not put all your capital into the one item - if it doesn't sell you'll find yourself stuck and probably won't be motivated to keep trading.

26 minutes ago, OFWGKTA said:

Give a toddler 400$ and tell him to invest in stock market see what happens

13 hours ago, OFWGKTA said:

Right, throw a fairly new trader straight into high tiers and hweens good idea

13 hours ago, awsommv said:

Right, throw a fairly new trader straight into high tiers and hweens good idea

You can't go wrong with halloweens, trust me I know better than you :)

3 hours ago, OFWGKTA said:

You can't go wrong with halloweens, trust me I know better than you :)

Right, experienced traders maybe, and what makes you so all knowing all of a sudden. 

5 hours ago, awsommv said:

Right, experienced traders maybe, and what makes you so all knowing all of a sudden. 

Its nearly impossible to lose $$$ on halloweens if you have any common sense, but I'm not gonna argue with you ;) 

Archived