Marketplace.tf will shutdown

AtakanJR

So guys as most of you know that Marketplace.tf will shutdown on 15 December, what do you think will happen? Most of the profits i made, i used marketplace.tf so this will affect me bad. They say that only a selected group of people will be able to sell their items. Do you think that they will let profiters like me use the platform after some time? Its so bad that actual traders ( people who dont try to scam others) wont be able to sell items because of all those stupid scammers :(

There are other sites for a reason, use them now if you really want to play with cash. Shutting down marketplace isn't the end of the world you know.

9 minutes ago, Nick Xavier said:

Shutting down marketplace isn't the end of the world you know.

It does feel like the end of the world for those sellers who are left behind 😧

mWV2IET.png

1 hour ago, D.Alex said:

It does feel like the end of the world for those sellers who are left behind 😧

mWV2IET.png

WAIT, so you're not getting into the seller program? That's... unexpected

Any good TF2-main alternative to Marketplace.tf yet? (by good, meaning easy-to-use / accepting PayPal / not taking huge fees on payouts / where keys aren't selling for less than $1.5 resulting of a supply >>> demand)

Even if this leaves a bitter taste, I can't thank enough Marketplace.tf for all these years (and dozens of K$ cashed out) though... so thanks anyway ! ❤️

It'll harm the overall scope of the TF2 economy, that's for sure. People aren't gonna want to immediately trust other platforms, and losing the ability to easily cash out via PayPal I think will turn people off from investing more into the game. Core traders, (think the top 10k BPs or so), will likely stay the same value-wise for now, but the people saying it's not at all a big deal are being nothing but willfully ignorant IMO.

Post-Christmas season I think is when any real rammifications are gonna settle in though, lucky it's happening in December.

1 hour ago, ApothicЯ said:

Any good TF2-main alternative to Marketplace.tf yet? (by good, meaning easy-to-use / accepting PayPal / not taking huge fees on payouts / where keys aren't selling for less than $1.5 resulting of a supply >>> demand)

Any new site will 99% chance stay away from paypal because paypal unfortunately doesn't want it.

30 minutes ago, Zeus_Junior said:

Any new site will 99% chance stay away from paypal because paypal unfortunately doesn't want it.

But why does paypal want marketplace.tf? I never cared enough to understand but now you've got my attention

1 hour ago, rndmchrs said:

But why does paypal want marketplace.tf? I never cared enough to understand but now you've got my attention

Geel himself said they've just been lucky iirc.

But it would make sense, ScrapTF LLC and mptf have been around for YEARS and they take a good amount of fraud prevention.

6 hours ago, hyro said:

Boo hoo the platform with countless other substitutes to sell stuff for money will shut down this is so sad can we get 15 likes please

There is no substitute for the prices items sold for on there.

29 minutes ago, HaloGAMER0329 said:

There is no substitute for the prices items sold for on there.

Consumer friendliness is everything when selling for cash, marketplace does it best. A proper alternative doesn't seem as likely to me in this aspect

1 minute ago, Brown said:

Consumer friendliness is everything when selling for cash, marketplace does it best. A proper alternative doesn't seem as likely to me in this aspect

Who knows, once they actually close the prices on other sites might go up as the traffic has to go somewhere. Dont know if scrap and their 50 friends will be able to keep enough stock to stop people from looking elsewhere.

I am glad i cashed out, just kept the essential.

Thank you mp.tf for everything, and farewell tf2 trading and your 500 keys demonflame robo hat 😄

6 hours ago, ApothicЯ said:

Even if this leaves a bitter taste, I can't thank enough Marketplace.tf for all these years (and dozens of K$ cashed out) though... so thanks anyway ! ❤️

We can only wish for one

8 hours ago, rndmchrs said:

Basically PayPal doesn't want to take on virtual item sales as such running marketplace.tf was constantly putting themselves at risk of getting the paypal account locked due to irl trading of virtual items. 

Refer to this.

Side note, don't mislead people, marketplace.tf isn't shutting down. The sellers program is just becoming limited to a select few. The site as a whole will still exist. 

Archived