I kinda scammed myself and I don't know what to do

DubleToxic

This was the stupidest thing I've done. So I saw this guy selling a Unusual FR-0 for 48 ref. So I send him a trade offer and I had to do the mobile confirmation and I clicked send but as it was loading it refreshed and it said there was no FR-0 and I just send him 48 ref. I tried as fast as I could to cancel it but it was too late and he obviously accepted 48 ref for nothing. Also I don't have any money in tf2 so that ref that I had was "important" to me. Now I only have 9 ref and 2 cents. And I can't blame him I just send him free ref so Idk if I should report him. And he is obviously not accepting a trade offer that's just his FR-0. Is there anything I can do with 9 ref?

So I tried to trade with someone else and the mobile confirmation did the same thing, I selected the item I send and the confirmation said that I didn't ask anything from his inventory but I did. How do I fix this? I can't trade with anyone because the mobile confirmation is doing the same thing. I get a error when I click send so it refreshes and when it does it says this "You have not selected any items for (someone)  to offer in exchange for yours. (someone) accepts this trade, you will lose the items you've offered but will not receive any items. PLEASE HELP ME I CAN'T TRADE AND LOST ALL OF MY REF!

Edit: I found the reason my account was hijacked and I think I fixed the problem thanks for the help, and someone was very kind and send me 3 keys, this story ends with a happy ending 

The way you described it, you can add the seller of the FR-0 and tell him your mistake and hope he is kind enough to give you back the ref.

As for reporting him for scamming, you are the one who sent the offer (at least the way you described it) and didn't check the trade throughly, so is obvious if you make the report, yours will be ignored.

I will try the 1st solution I mentioned, but reporting is a no-go.

2 hours ago, DubleToxic said:

So I tried to trade with someone else and the mobile confirmation did the same thing, I selected the item I send and the confirmation said that I didn't ask anything from his inventory but I did. How do I fix this? I can't trade with anyone because the mobile confirmation is doing the same thing. I get a error when I click send so it refreshes and when it does it says this "You have not selected any items for (someone)  to offer in exchange for yours. (someone) accepts this trade, you will lose the items you've offered but will not receive any items.

What you are describing sounds an awful lot like an API / trade offer redirect scam.

If you are getting trade offers redirected, follow ALL of these steps:

1. Change password immediately, and also change it anywhere else you have the same password set. The scammer will try to log into your email with it when he loses access.
2. De-authorize all other devices here: https://store.steampowered.com/twofactor/manage 
3. Revoke any API keys set. Their only use, if you don't know what it is, is keeping control of your account. https://steamcommunity.com/dev/apikey
4. If this still doesn't resolve the issue, contact Steam Support at https://help.steampowered.com/

If you have any questions after following these steps, please do reply again here!

28 minutes ago, Zeus_Junior said:

What you are describing sounds an awful lot like an API / trade offer redirect scam.

If you are getting trade offers redirected, follow ALL of these steps:

1. Change password immediately, and also change it anywhere else you have the same password set. The scammer will try to log into your email with it when he loses access.
2. De-authorize all other devices here: https://store.steampowered.com/twofactor/manage 
3. Revoke any API keys set. Their only use, if you don't know what it is, is keeping control of your account. https://steamcommunity.com/dev/apikey
4. If this still doesn't resolve the issue, contact Steam Support at https://help.steampowered.com/

If you have any questions after following these steps, please do reply again here!

Yep that was the case I changed my password revoked my steam api so I think I should be safe now but now what do I do is there a way I can get my things back or are they gone

2 minutes ago, DubleToxic said:

Yep that was the case I changed my password revoked my steam api so I think I should be safe now

If you've followed all the steps, yes you are

2 hours ago, DubleToxic said:

Yep that was the case I changed my password revoked my steam api so I think I should be safe now but now what do I do is there a way I can get my things back or are they gone

Kiss them goodbye and learn from your mistake.

7 minutes ago, JayTuut said:

An unusual for 48 ref? Sounds bad from the start...

obviously the seller made a mistake and intended to put it as 48 keys but OP attempted to take the opportunity by sending 48 refs because thats the listing and if they decline, OP can report him for not honoring the trade/sell order. It sounds like karma but he got scammed with the API method or didnt put the unusual on his side.

5 hours ago, Diamond jozu said:

obviously the seller made a mistake and intended to put it as 48 keys but OP attempted to take the opportunity by sending 48 refs because thats the listing and if they decline, OP can report him for not honoring the trade/sell order. It sounds like karma but he got scammed with the API method or didnt put the unusual on his side.

____

I doubt the seller made a mistake. Its called a honey trap.

• Zeus_Junior locked this topic

Archived