Make refined price a longer floating point or remove $ value

joekiller

I've seen the argument that no one lost anything in the latest shift but obviously a perceived value of items price was given a 25% axe. If the value means nothing it should be removed from the site. Obviously it means a lot to many because it's considered a "conversion" not am arbitrary value. So perhaps y'all should price metal in less than 1/10th of a dollar. Bc next time metal goes to 0.02 y'all will then shave 33% off and people will be pissed again except for high $$$ traders who just got a reason to get a lower quicksale.

make ref a longer floating point or remove the $$$ price

The top pack says it's items are worth 100260.44 keys today vs 126497.92 preciously. ur telling me that somehow 80% value, 26k keys is lost because of metal traders?

Second example, My keys were listed at 10515.8301 and now are 8709.38. ur telling me that refined buyers caused my priced items to drop by 1806.4501 keys?

Pegging a currency at between 4/100ths and 3/100ths floor and then trunkating after dividing by 40+ is absurdity irresponsible.

I noticed no change in backpack value, the key price went up like 10 ref making my backpack go from 3500 -> 4500 and then the 3 cent change lowered it back down to 3500. I wasn't watching specific items so no comment on that.

Current valuing system is fine when it evens out. The problem is mainly that ref is assigned value through suggestions, even though it's based off of key prices, and it uses that to price backpacks. Itd make more sense if they gave keys a cash value, then priced ref automatically when key to cash and key to ref prices change. But itd probably have the same problems as before, just makes more sense

2 hours ago, Adolf Storms said:

who even cares what their bp value is in $$'s lol

Who cares if you have nazi imagery on your profile. Obviously you don't.

1 hour ago, joekiller said:

Who cares if you have nazi imagery on your profile. Obviously you don't.

You should only care about the real value not some inaccurate number that inflates it.

4 hours ago, Adolf Storms said:

who even cares what their bp value is in $$'s lol

14 minutes ago, HaloGAMER0329 said:

You should only care about the real value not some inaccurate number that inflates it.

Figure it's the first thing someone who REALLY doesn't feel like estimating their items sees, maybe when cashing out, they'd rather apply a generic discount to it and go through with the trade than go and check buyers on everything. Rare, but might help trades go faster

Also milestoning, tracking trading progress, ranking

Agree with the title, don't agree with the dumb stuff you mentioned afterwards.

10 hours ago, joekiller said:

I've seen the argument that no one lost anything in the latest shift but obviously a perceived value of items price was given a 25% axe.

I'm probably nit-picking here, but nobody "lost" value. it wasn't real value to begin with, because it was inflated from when keys started selling for more metal.

10 hours ago, joekiller said:

Bc next time metal goes to 0.02 y'all will then shave 33% off and people will be pissed again except for high $$$ traders who just got a reason to get a lower quicksale.

I think you're misunderstanding how ref pricing works. If we shifted from 1/100 to 1/1000 before the last suggestion for metal passed, it would've dropped even further, to something like 0.028, as opposed to the current 0.03. Extending the decimal would mean a bigger drop there.  I also don't get the part where people get an excuse to get a better quicksale, can you clarify that part?

Ref price is calculated by dividing the amount keys are selling for by the price of keys in ref. Keys selling for almost 60 ref, and around $1.60-$1.70 (we exclude tax from cash trading sites) makes $1.65/60, which is 0.0275. If you're looking for a smaller drop, then you're looking at it wrong. It would only make ref pricing more accurate.

If the refined was allowed to float more it wouldn't be such a dramatic shift every time. I understand that at the current ratio it would send things lower.

Making it a longer float (like any other real currency conversion in real life) allows for accurate slower shifts and then the rabble rousers don't show up.

7 hours ago, Jarool said:

It would only make ref pricing more accurate.

Yup this would be better IMO. Not having packs estimate of keys/money not changing by 1000s overnight would be better. 

If the stance really is, well this value is wrong, it should be removed and the rankings should be keys or metal only.

If someone is trading commodities, perhaps virtual ones, and all of a sudden a market says oh geez we can't price this right let's do a massive correction, yeah the commodity is still owned but value is lost.

Archived