What's the Current State of the TF2 Market?

Swagman!

9 hours ago, TheDemon trade.tf said:

100% unbox rate will never effect retired effects and hats. Retired gives people a sense of security from 100% unbox glitches or even the opportunity of other people unboxing their hats from regular unboxing.

Man, that was sarcasm, how could be that stupid thing make you answer seriously.

cant wait for valve to create the halloween effect misc only unlocked crate this halloween with a 100% unbox rate

12 hours ago, TheDemon trade.tf said:

It’s more like the future of trading. Not a bubble, a reality. Would you rather own something that’s dozens of other people own and will continue to grow in existence as more get unboxed and will always be for sale and have seller competition or something 1 of 1 forever that no one will ever be able to get or sell unless you decide to let it go. There’s power with 1 of 1, collector wise and selling wise. As for higher number of existence retired effects or hats, they are still rare and collectible especially if collectors snag them all up and poof none for sale for who knows how long.

you literally have nothing but halloweens/misc unusuals in your inventory. 

i refuse to accept this 'new normal' of paying 800-1000 keys for a singleclass non-misc halloween like a wraith wrap. https://backpack.tf/stats/Unusual/Wraith Wrap/Tradable/Craftable/74

only a matter of time until others do too, because if prices keep rising like they have currently, they'll all be at least 700 keys by next summer lol

14 hours ago, Snailiad said:

you literally have nothing but halloweens/misc unusuals in your inventory. 

i refuse to accept this 'new normal' of paying 800-1000 keys for a singleclass non-misc halloween like a wraith wrap. https://backpack.tf/stats/Unusual/Wraith Wrap/Tradable/Craftable/74

only a matter of time until others do too, because if prices keep rising like they have currently, they'll all be at least 700 keys by next summer lol

Haha get one now before it’s too late or just don’t get one at all, or just stick to other effects that are still boxable, they are dirt dirt cheap hahahahahaha

17 hours ago, Vebster said:

Man, that was sarcasm, how could be that stupid thing make you answer seriously.

I was being sarcastic too, you fell for my trap

22 hours ago, creepio said:

You went from $0.11 to $13,500 in the last couple months and suddenly you found your voice. How about that?

What's your point? I went from 0$ to around 7k$ from trading back when swagman was around. Cashed out.

10 hours ago, virt said:

Basically invest in old hweens, and hope the next update doesn't introduce a nice effect than the one you curently have.

Haha, like the new effects are going to make a difference - I honestly describe Chromatica as a better Spellbound. Does the market reflect that? Not at all. Has it hurt Spellbound prices? Not at all.

It's more about the status, hype, and strictly limited supply of being 'old school halloween' effects than actually being significantly better effects than everything else you can get.

Archived