So the CSGO Rep group was banned

HaloGAMER0329

It's unfortunate, at least for those in the CS community, however, I don't see any "real" issue with this seeing as those with long-term trade history & rep should be able to have people who can back up their rep/have receipts/etc.
I feel it would be more detrimental to newer traders who need that kind of rep/direct location for others to look at though, but I assume that there are other sites such as bp that use their own rep system/have logs/etc. which can be pulled from...
Also the fact that another group or whatever could be made in its place.

However, I do hope this happened due to some reason aside from "no more cash trades" type of deal.

54 minutes ago, SubZeroDestruction said:

It's unfortunate, at least for those in the CS community, however, I don't see any "real" issue with this seeing as those with long-term trade history & rep should be able to have people who can back up their rep/have receipts/etc.
I feel it would be more detrimental to newer traders who need that kind of rep/direct location for others to look at though, but I assume that there are other sites such as bp that use their own rep system/have logs/etc. which can be pulled from...
Also the fact that another group or whatever could be made in its place.

However, I do hope this happened due to some reason aside from "no more cash trades" type of deal.

It seems pretty random Valve would decide to crack down on cash trading. Maybe they got hit with a cease and desist from the government and had to prove they are against cash trading. The group had been active for 6-7 years and had 90k members and was the only cash rep whitelisted on csgo trade reddit. Pretty crazy year, guess well just have to wait and see what happens next. 

4 hours ago, Zeus_Junior said:

Why would they have to prove they are against cash trading? What forbids it?

Valves has always been in trouble with governments for skin gambling and money laundering and their excuse has always been that they are virtual items with no cash value. Valve always turns a blind eye but if they dont take action when its brought to their attention it could be argued against them that they are condoning it or not doing enough to stop it, they have to at least act like they are doing something. I dont know the answers these are just an assumptions, my posts could be worded better but they are what they are.

This is likely Valve striving to distance themselves from legal repercussions of user activity that falls outside of ToS and/ or moral guidelines, rather than any kind of indication of support. Their system for in-game trade remains the most robust ever made thus far.

I have a feeling that one day they will come down on TF2 as well, considering all the action they've made on CSGO items.

It makes me thread lightly with investment and cashout to zero investment ratio, in case my items will be blocked/trade restricted for weeks. (As in, if trading will become unavailable, at least I will have my cash back.)

• 4 months later...

This is really bad, now there will be more cheaters. Valve Anti Cheat system works very badly. I don't play Counter Strike Global Offensive for about a year because I got a VAC ban. I had a high rank, and I was playing against cheaters almost every game. Once I got mad and I installed some private cheats on my accounts. I was playing almost one year until I was banned. I knew that I am risking my account and inventory that I won by playing on csgo gambling sites, but they banned me after a very long period o playing regularly with cheats. This is why they need to improve it.

Archived