Should i get Backpack.tf Premium?

centumetocto

i don't really trade often so this is a rare occasion for me, but there's an item i've always wanted to have and had been looking for it for 7 years now.

unfortunately, only 6 of said item exist, and i've checked all safe known trading websites for them (backpack.tf, marketplace.tf, steam community market, scrap.tf, bazaar.tf, stn trading, etc) to no avail.

at this point, i'm running short on any way of finding it, other than buying backpack tf premium and using the premium search option to find the owners of said item and contact them.

should i do it?

Get premium to level up your trading. I love tf2 and will remain trading till the end. Thanks to the whole community.I had and still having some good time.

First I'd go check the price suggestions on said item, see if you can get a history link or two from the compare links. If that doesn't get you anywhere then you'd probably have to either play the waiting game and hope one comes up or get premium to find one (though with only 6 of the hat in existence it's very possible nobody wants to sell depending on what the hat is)

16 minutes ago, Alecto said:

First I'd go check the price suggestions on said item, see if you can get a history link or two from the compare links. If that doesn't get you anywhere then you'd probably have to either play the waiting game and hope one comes up or get premium to find one (though with only 6 of the hat in existence it's very possible nobody wants to sell depending on what the hat is)

On high tiers that is often the case, but on low tiers they tend to change hands pretty often

2 hours ago, centumetocto said:

i don't really trade often so this is a rare occasion for me, but there's an item i've always wanted to have and had been looking for it for 7 years now.

unfortunately, only 6 of said item exist, and i've checked all safe known trading websites for them (backpack.tf, marketplace.tf, steam community market, scrap.tf, bazaar.tf, stn trading, etc) to no avail.

at this point, i'm running short on any way of finding it, other than buying backpack tf premium and using the premium search option to find the owners of said item and contact them.

should i do it?

If you dont use it everyday I'd just ask a premium user for a favour if it's a one time thing

3 hours ago, kailermemeamoto said:

If you dont use it everyday I'd just ask a premium user for a favour if it's a one time thing

dont do that because its against the terms of service of premium

IJqH0MY.png

It would also help just making a buy order for it as well. Let people know you're hunting for whatever it is you're looking for.

Also, it sometimes takes being very patient. Some of the things in my collection required waiting years before they resurfaced on the market.

23 hours ago, Scott Bakula said:

It would also help just making a buy order for it as well. Let people know you're hunting for whatever it is you're looking for.

already put a buy order at backpack.tf and bazaar.tf a few weeks ago. are there any other sites i can put specific buy orders at? (marketplace.tf and SCM are automatic and non-specific).

23 hours ago, Scott Bakula said:

Also, it sometimes takes being very patient. Some of the things in my collection required waiting years before they resurfaced on the market.

been waiting for 7 years. tell me about it.

22 hours ago, Adolf Storms said:

you try making a buy order ? 

yes.

22 hours ago, Adolf Storms said:

you try making a post like this but instead advertising the fact you are lookin for the rare items?

new to this forum. which section to post it at?

On 11/23/2020 at 9:58 PM, TCLG6x6 said:

It basically pays itself since you can shark new players who unboxed new hats.

it's not a hat.

https://backpack.tf/classifieds?item=Blood Botkiller Minigun Mk.I&quality=11&tradable=1&craftable=1&australium=-1&killstreak_tier=3
Only one on the market on sale here for 30 keys.

No minigun kits with the same combination anywhere on SCM or Marketplace.

Definitely is quite expensive, so may be worth thinking about whether having that specific combination of Team Shine and Incinerator is really worth it that you negotiate with the seller / wait longer to find another seller, get Premium and reveal the owners' information here, or see whether you're happy to settle for a cheaper option.

5 hours ago, Mengh. said:

negotiate with the seller.

already done so. offered 21 keys, refused twice.

5 hours ago, Mengh. said:

so may be worth thinking about whether having that specific combination of Team Shine and Incinerator is really worth it.

yes, it is. for me.

16 minutes ago, centumetocto said:

already done so. offered 21 keys, refused twice.

yes, it is. for me.

So the next question becomes "Is it worth an extra 15 bucks?". Sometimes you wait for the sale, other times you spend a bit more to make sure you can get it. There's no real right answer, just what you feel personally is right.

• centumetocto locked this topic

Archived