False rep for no reason

FloofyDranks

So I had been getting some keys recently due to moving around from my apartment and I had been off for a bit and just out of no where I get a false rep from a guy who had been trying to trade me a unu knife that he wanted me to buy but I was not fully sure so I kinda passed on with it and just he left a -rep but even then he just said to me after I had gotten back onto my pc that he was just in the wrong because he had to find a new seller but even then I never said I was going to buy the knife, I sent a report on but even then im still waiting on something from the mods but just wanted to add this all in

Capture.PNG

Well there certainly was a reason for it. Was it a good reason? Well....

Generally the trust system is used for cash trading and brokering but in the little tutorial it says "Remember that this system should only be used to help other users determine who is trustworthy." Having someone back out after you agreed to hold an item for them isn't the most trustworthy thing.

Now the grey area here is that there was never an agreement to hold the item and that you were 100% going to buy it HOWEVER it was heavily implied you would. If I were in his shoes I wouldn't have left the rep but I don't fault him for leaving it. Up to the staff to decide, if you report it (mb you already did).

From my experience from trading and having currently 42 + reps, I would say that you two never agreed in stone that you were going to buy it. saying "alright Ill keep you updated" isn't a trade agreement. Its implied that you were interested in buying it but sometimes buyers flake and that's okay, sucks but its not the worst problem. I'm not a mod or admin but I'd say you're fine. 

13 minutes ago, Argylekicks said:

From my experience from trading and having currently 42 + reps, I would say that you two never agreed in stone that you were going to buy it. saying "alright Ill keep you updated" isn't a trade agreement. Its implied that you were interested in buying it but sometimes buyers flake and that's okay, sucks but its not the worst problem. I'm not a mod or admin but I'd say you're fine. 

Just what I meant

Even if you did agree to buy it, it's not valid. Backing out of trade agreements aren't valid for -trusts, mods have expressed as much in the past.

Just give it some time, a mod will remove the rating when they're available.

9 minutes ago, Jarool said:

Even if you did agree to buy it, it's not valid. Backing out of trade agreements aren't valid for -trusts, mods have expressed as much in the past.

Just give it some time, a mod will remove the rating when they're available.

Good to know

10 hours ago, Jarool said:

Backing out of trade agreements aren't valid for -trusts, mods have expressed as much in the past.

Yeah, they do be wrong

• FloofyDranks locked this topic

Archived