If an item is duped how do you know which is the original item?

Dr. Napkin

Ok so I recently sent a trade to a guy selling his #3 Gentleman's Ushanka and I noticed it was duped. I want to find the dupe and destroy it. My only problem is that if I do find the other copy (which I did) how do I know if it's not the original? I want to make sure I destroy the dupe and not the original so there has to be a way right?

3 hours ago, Dr. Napkin said:

Ok so I recently sent a trade to a guy selling his #3 Gentleman's Ushanka and I noticed it was duped. I want to find the dupe and destroy it. My only problem is that if I do find the other copy (which I did) how do I know if it's not the original? I want to make sure I destroy the dupe and not the original so there has to be a way right?

no point destroying the dupe cuz it wont remove the dupe status from the item

1 hour ago, - B u r n said:

True, you'll also waste shitloads of money because the other owner won't give it to you for free

Duped low crafts are way cooler than non-duped anyway if you can collect all of them. IIRC there's someone with like 5 craft #7's of something or something like that.

9 hours ago, - B u r n said:

It's not about the money or the status, it's about the cause of humanity and the dent it will put in our society. But yeah I decided before I go and burn money on some number, I should go sell more unusuals and make my way up into the market so I can burn money.

I love burning money on silly crap as much as the next guy, but keep in mind there will be no proof you ever deleted the dupe. Just get both of them and keep them as a matched set.

Archived