Managed to get my hands on something pretty special

lazyneers

I somehow achieved 25/25 Mirt. Tales of the Cold Land trading cards. For those who don't know what steam trading cards do, they create badges when combined. The level 5 Mirt. Tales of the Cold Land requires all 25 trading cards to achieve, and when achieved the badge looks very similar to a Mann. Co key. Attached is a screenshot of the badge on the profile I originally discovered its existence on.

This is special to me because the game, Mirt. Tales of the Cold Land, was ban from steam years ago and its trading cards were removed from being marketable. To say it was hard to get all 25 cards would be a huge understatement, they all had to be traded for and finding owners of even one card was nothing short of a task from hell. But I finally did it, and I am currently sitting on most likely the last full 5/5 set of Mirt trading cards that will ever exist.

That being said, if you want the 500 EXP Key badge I am willing to take offers on the full set of 25 cards. I'm not much a TF2 trader so this badge would do much better on someone else's steam profile than mine. Cheers.

Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 3.02.21 PM.png

This is just gonna make some autist create another epic wholesome steam game with some custom badge that just has a better looking key as its profile badge. 
Stupid, I know, but someone out there probably thinks they're funny.

40 minutes ago, TraceofCakes said:

This is just gonna make some autist create another epic wholesome steam game with some custom badge that just has a better looking key as its profile badge. 
Retarded, I know, but someone out there probably thinks they're funny.

better than paying 50k plus for a set of cards that make a normal key tbh, competition keeps the market from going stale, there shouldn't be just one steam badge that's basically impossible to get these days cause the game was unlisted.

You should still be able to craft booster packs for it with gems even if it's been removed.  I have quite a number of those free junk-games put on steam by Zonitron and those were removed ages ago but I still see the option to craft booster packs for them with gems.

I see. Well, creating a new and better key badge through a steam game was one option I thought of but it would take some skills/effort to do. But it's an option. Vrakos also brings up another way to go about getting the badge, but that would require owning the game which I can safely say is very rare. Or knowing someone who does own it and working with them. I agree though there should be a more competitive market for it but theres simply not.

I sometimes wonder what the reasons are for games to get removed by Valve, steam-tracker might know but you need 500 games to register so can't check lol

I already own the badge and so do 16 of my friends, but wondering how you got your hands on it? It doesn't seem like a very rare set of cards.

I bought the game you first linked thinking I could create booster packs for the cards with it and get the badge that way, but it turned out the cards/badge only work for the first, banned version. I got all 25 by going through inventories of people who posted screenshots of the original game and then trade offering them if they had a card. Also went through dead items groups and found some cards there. I think the rarity of it comes from the difficulty of finding the cards. The supply is becoming nonexistent too, if you tried to get all 25 starting today you simply wouldn't be able to unless you have good connections. I managed to complete the set after exhausting every option I could find, and if one person I had traded with decided they wanted to keep the card, the set couldn't have been completed just because there were no other owners that I could find/willing to trade theirs. The stars alligned well for me but I'm certain they wont for anyone else who wants to try my route for this badge.

Lots of negative comments here (human needs to get some help), but this is pretty epic gamer ngl. It obviously wasn’t easy to put that set together, and its rarity and the fact it looks like a Mann Co. Key make it really neat. Good luck on selling it bro!

Hey, this is a pretty cool set if it is as rare as you say.

It was in the slightly wrong place so I have moved the thread, I've also made some adjustments to the comments between you and human in case you/anyone else is wondering. Have a good day :D

On 11/19/2020 at 3:10 PM, lazyneers said:

I'm not much a TF2 trader so this badge would do much better on someone else's steam profile than mine. Cheers.

wtf why would you not being a tf2 trader make you not want to craft an extremely rare badge to make your own profile look nice and accomplished?

you seem to have some kind of sentiment for it as shown in the second paragraph and then all of a sudden it is for sale... lol.

i'm gonna start writing sob story essays on all my items just so i can sell them.

Sob stories? I said it was special to explain its rarity and difficulty to get. Nobody visits my profile so its pointless to give myself the badge, rather sell it to a trader who likes it.

Archived