New Plague in TF2 "Negotiation tactic"

The Wayne Train

Anytime someone is interested in an item, I always get the same opener, its like TF2 is the new Tinder, and I'm a hot chick, and you're playing the numbers game with "smash?" 

"Wanted to know how low you'd go for full pure on the XXXXXXX"

"Whats the lowest you'll take on the XXXX in pure?"

"Ok lets talk, Interested in XXXX, whats the lowest you'll take in pure"

It's like TF2 is a Turkish bazar, and everyone who is a local, knows the prices are all scams for tourists and its the secret password phrase to get the real price.

News for you people, its not

My lowest price on any givin item is valuable information, why would I give that away for free, might as well be asking what I paid, what I ate for dinner, who's mother did I sleep with last night. Nonyabidniss thats who

People send me this junk, its a waste of time, as if I am going to magically quicksell you my item, for nothing, just because you're paying in pure....news flash, everyone and there grandmother has pure, I have so many keys they're  falling out of my ears, and do you, thats why you're offering it lol.

Very curious if this annoys other people like it does me, or if this actually works for people? Should I be hitting up chic....I mean traders, with the line, is this some secret phrase that actually works?

- Wayne

*Edit, I plan to link this to everyone who asks me for my lowest price, and if it annoys you to, you should as well :)*

42 minutes ago, The Wayne Train said:

Anytime someone is interested in an item, I always get the same opener, its like TF2 is the new Tinder, and I'm a hot chick, and you're playing the numbers game with "smash?" 

It's like TF2 is a Turkish bazar, and everyone who is a local, knows the prices are all scams for tourists and its the secret password phrase to get the real price.

My lowest price on any givin item is valuable information, why would I give that away for free, might as well be asking what I paid, what I ate for dinner, who's mother did I sleep with last night. Nonyabidniss thats who

People send me this junk, its a waste of time, as if I am going to magically quicksell you my item, for nothing, just because you're paying in pure....news flash, everyone and there grandmother has pure, I have so many keys they're  falling out of my ears, and do you, thats why you're offering it lol.

Very curious if this annoys other people like it does me, or if this actually works for people? Should I be hitting up chic....I mean traders, with the line, is this some secret phrase that actually works?

- Wayne

*Edit, I plan to link this to everyone who asks me for my lowest price, and if it annoys you to, you should as well :)*

I think the reason why some might do that is because a whole bunch of high value items are priced higher than what the seller might actually want, so in an "attempt" to squeeze out the best deal as quickly as possible, they try to ask for the lowest price (they might not get the lowest price, but a lower price). Just say that you remain firm if you plan on staying firm, otherwise give a small discount (while keeping good margins) and stay firm afterwards. If they're actually interested in the item in the first place, they won't ask you for your lowest price.

P.S. - removing the "very negotiable" part in your classifieds should reduce the amount of bad offers and shows that you're confident in your item's value. People are going to try to haggle regardless of how firm you are anyways.

joGBRdT.png

It sounds a little rude at first sight, and in my opinion should be the last question asked while trading. 

In the end, however, it's simple and saves a lot of time. 

If the tactic works to get the other guy to make the first offer, people will use it. Especially if the other guy is dumb enough to say “the lowest they’ll take in pure”. Degenerate traders are using it, so it’s our job to find a counter tactic, not complain.

My answer to them would be "More than you're willing to pay".

Honestly, when people open with that idea of haggling, it's pretty obvious that the only thing continuing the conversation will do is waste time.

Myself, I tend to get the opposite as a collector, with people trying to add me with offers trying to sell their shit at double or more market value as they think just because I collect something, I'm willing to pay a massive premium for it. It's at the point where I basically ignore almost any incoming offer or attempt to add me if it's related to my collection.

4 hours ago, The Wayne Train said:

- Wayne

I just block anyone and everyone who opens with a question like this and doesn't have an offer in mind, peace of mind is worth more than the trades I might lose... but it is a smart way to gain leverage against inexperienced traders

Someone wants to negotiate on a deal???????????? Oh the humanity.

It's simple, if its your lowest price just tell them that. Or as I used to do when they asked the lowest I'll take is say "offer away"

YE, like irl. Ask you for the lowest price and then they want it even lower hahaha... Just some trolls, just double your selling price if they ask smth that stupid and here we go.

On 11/13/2020 at 9:49 PM, Abstract said:

I think the reason why some might do that is because a whole bunch of high value items are priced higher than what the seller might actually want, so in an "attempt" to squeeze out the best deal as quickly as possible, they try to ask for the lowest price (they might not get the lowest price, but a lower price). Just say that you remain firm if you plan on staying firm, otherwise give a small discount (while keeping good margins) and stay firm afterwards. If they're actually interested in the item in the first place, they won't ask you for your lowest price.

P.S. - removing the "very negotiable" part in your classifieds should reduce the amount of bad offers and shows that you're confident in your item's value. People are going to try to haggle regardless of how firm you are anyways.

joGBRdT.png

I am very negotiable, on many of my prices.

So negotiate with me, if people think the above opener, falls under the definition of negotiation, they're very wrong.

On 11/14/2020 at 8:04 AM, joekiller said:

LMAO Wayne. Translation, "I got on top by not by selling cheap and no it's still not happening". 

I often give deals, I do, I love hooking people up with prices that are great, and create relationships that are profitable for both parties. I have done countless mass quicksells, some better then others.

What I dislike is the above, I didn't just wake up top end backpack, and thats honestly besides the point, its no different if you're big or small, I've seen "top end backpack traders" ask the same question.

Post on wall: Added to offer/trade

Me: added. Hi. 

Them: Hi :3

Me: What can I do for you?

Them: I was wondering what's the lowest you can go in pure for your ______?

Me: What do I have it listed at?

Them: X, but what is the lowest you'd take in pure?

Me: ._. Make me an offer?

Them: I don't want to insult you and waste time. Just name your price.

Me: 10% off.

Them: That's too high I'm afraid, can you go lower?

Me: Can you make me an offer?

Them: I'm negotiable if you name a good price

Me: What?

Them: What?

Me: Are you going to make me an offer?

Them: I guess not. Thank you for your time.

Me: *bird noises*

I believe I'm well within my legal right to -rep these people. 

We live in an era where buyers expect sellers to make the offer. Pain.

Lowballers too afraid to attach their reputation to a god awful offer. Loaferman needs to make a guide on how to lowball with dignity. 

Its almost like they want to cut to the chase with a transaction and not bother going on an endless tangent on how the hat that little joey wants sold for 600 pure to a collector 5 years ago. 

I must admit I do this from time to time, mostly my reasoning is that most traders are greedy and highball their items. Some traders only allow "pure trades" too making pure seem like it's on a new, elite trading level. Sure trading is easier with pure and asking for the lowest price happens a lot.

Do I do it all the time? No of course not, does it get me deals, well it's not quite 50% off but sometimes I'll be able to knock a couple keys off for full pure.

When it happens to me, I am usually more than happy to shave a bit off my price, maybe a key or 2 but I definitely don't get offended, if they don't wanna pay my asking price then I politely decline and walk away.

Archived