A Bookmarking Feature

LimeIce

Have you ever been in a situation when you want an item, but you have to wait a couple days for your keys to become tradable, or you're waiting for money? I believe that a bookmarking feature would be a good fix for this issue, and if the item you bookmarked sold, bp.tf bots could notify you via steam, or your e-mail. and there would be a section where you could view your bookmarked listings, as a convenience.

(p.s. I can't help but feel like I'm an idiot and this is already a feature, so if it is, don't beat me up for it)

What’s to stop someone with a Gpan from trading back and forth with a friend, flooding hundreds of thousands of user emails/texts/steam pages with spam? 

Most traders will reserve an item if you can prove you’ve got the ability to pay full price but you have to wait a few days. Bookmarking a webpage is simple. You can also save the web address in a “TF2 trading document” if you’re an old soul imbecile like myself. 

It’s a good thought, but I think there’s too much room for abuse. 

10 hours ago, LimeIce said:

Have you ever been in a situation when you want an item, but you have to wait a couple days for your keys to become tradable, or you're waiting for money? I believe that a bookmarking feature would be a good fix for this issue, and if the item you bookmarked sold, bp.tf bots could notify you via steam, or your e-mail. and there would be a section where you could view your bookmarked listings, as a convenience.

(p.s. I can't help but feel like I'm an idiot and this is already a feature, so if it is, don't beat me up for it)

backpack has this feature already, go to an item page and go to listings. There you can "watch" buy or sell orders. Backpack will then keep you notified of changes to that item or it's listings. Alternatively, bookmark the item's page in your browser.

7 hours ago, rndmchrs said:

...what does a gpan have to do with this...

Bookmarking an item. Gpan is an example of an item that will probably be bookmarked a lot. 

Archived