Just got scammed

Ice Ice Maybe

Hello everyone, I want to make this short and sweet, not sure where else to post something like this.

I just got scammed for a pumpkin party california cap: https://backpack.tf/item/9312461078 by a user posing as Cos (https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198022967421). If anyone sees this item floating around, and can do something to help me I would greatly appreciate that, but if not I simply ask you not to engage with the seller.

Thanks.

edit:  oh sorry, missed the "posing" bit.  you should go file a proper scam report though if the user you traded with isn't already banned

1 hour ago, Vrakos Anthrakir said:

edit:  oh sorry, missed the "posing" bit.  you should go file a proper scam report though if the user you traded with isn't already banned

Like Vrakos said, file a report.
Bring all the evidence you need for it:
https://forums.steamrep.com/forums/report/
And don't forget to read the "READ MEs" in there, it will clear and hasten things up.

You were scammed by this guy - https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561199101526471

You NEVER checked that guy's backpack or steamrep and gave your items in the first place. He probably sold quickly to the bot buy orders, that's why it doesn't show him in the item history. You gotta learn from your mistake and move on.

I'm surprised how yall even give away items for whatever bs they say. Who even cares if they have big or one of the top 100 inventories?

Sadly Steam doesn't refund scammed items anymore so they're gone for good, you'll just have to start again and be more careful who you trade with next time

Next time, either look out for obvious signs of an account being fake or just only accept trade offers and ignore anything/anyone else. 

just from looking at that account it sets of instant red flags, 

Level 0 

Profile blank 

Multiple negative trust ratings on backpack.tf

Private inventory 

Not much you can do beyond file a report and learn from your mistakes. 

6 hours ago, Melancholy Sky said:

Next time, either look out for obvious signs of an account being fake or just only accept trade offers and ignore anything/anyone else. 

just from looking at that account it sets of instant red flags, 

Level 0 

Profile blank 

Multiple negative trust ratings on backpack.tf

Private inventory 

Not much you can do beyond file a report and learn from your mistakes. 

Here are more signs:
-"Discussion Account"
-No items (this is generally the case with people trying to phise accounts using the "sign up for our team" scam)

-You comment on a top inventory's profile and an account with a lower level adds you

-"Steam Admin"
-Disabled comments (not all people with disabled comments are scammers but lots are)

-Marked SR Scammer / Backpack.tf ban with reason

-Users who try and take you to an item stats site other than Backpack.tf

8 hours ago, Nick Xavier said:

You were scammed by this guy - https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561199101526471

You NEVER checked that guy's backpack or steamrep and gave your items in the first place. He probably sold quickly to the bot buy orders, that's why it doesn't show him in the item history. You gotta learn from your mistake and move on.

I'm surprised how yall even give away items for whatever bs they say. Who even cares if they have big or one of the top 100 inventories?

I don't think that's the case, he (the scammer) has a private inventory and private inventories usually don't show in item histories because Backpack.tf cant track down the data

3 minutes ago, Strange said:

I don't think that's the case, he (the scammer) has a private inventory and private inventories usually don't show in item histories because Backpack.tf cant track down the data

Well yes, that's more like(similar to) what i said. He sold the item immediately with excitement to the first buy order of that unusual.

46 minutes ago, Cool Fez said:

if (anonScammed() == true);

pretendToCare();

if(if (anonScammed() == true);\  pretendToCare(); == true)

pretendToCare();

45 minutes ago, Vebster said:

if(if (anonScammed() == true);\  pretendToCare(); == true)

pretendToCare();

func initLoopCounterMeasure();

{

print("Lmao daily scam shitpost")

}

if(if(if (anonScammed() == true);\  pretendToCare(); == true)

pretendToCare();)

initLoopCounterMeasure();

File a report on steamrep and next time go through checks on various rep sites. You aren't getting anything back cos Steam doesn't do that anymore, all you can do is learn from it.

12 hours ago, DRIFTA said:

nice witch hunt

2 hours ago, Cool Fez said:

if (anonScammed() == true);

pretendToCare();

Worthless replies from "model traders." Same ol same ol

31 minutes ago, Scootaloo said:

File a report on steamrep and next time go through checks on various rep sites. You aren't getting anything back cos Steam doesn't do that anymore, all you can do is learn from it.

coming from a brony kek

14 hours ago, Scootaloo said:

damn didn't know I was a model trader, thank you

On 11/11/2020 at 6:32 PM, Nick Xavier said:

Well yes, that's more like(similar to) what i said. He sold the item immediately with excitement to the first buy order of that unusual.

scammers always instantly cash out scammed items to try and hide some of the evidence and since they know it's (free) money to them anyway

Archived