I GOT SCAMMED BY TOP 100 BP USER Kitty icon

clipartcowboy

KITTY ICON OPERATES TWO ACCOUNTS ONE LEVEL 103 AND THE OTHER ONE THAT HAS ALL THE ITEMS AND CLAIMS TO BE THE MAIN ACCOUNT. 

THEY CALIMED THEY WANTED TO PURCHASE TWO OF MY ITEMS VIA PAY PAL I WAS ADMITEDLY SKEPTICAL BUT THEY HAVE A SHIT TON OF RECCOMENDATIONS  FROM DIFFERENT USERS.

THEY SENT ME SCREENSHOTS FROM THEY MAIN ACCOUNT SHOW THE NOTIFICATION THAT WAS TRYING TO ADD THEM ON THAT ACCOUNT.

THEY CLAIMED THAT WERENT GOING TO ADD ME ON THE MAIN ACCOUNT DUE TO SECURITY REASONS.

AFTER I SENT THE ITEMS THEY BLOCKED ME AND I GOT NO MONEY.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME

You've been scammed by an impersonator.

50 minutes ago, clipartcowboy said:

KITTY ICON OPERATES TWO ACCOUNTS ONE LEVEL 103 AND THE OTHER ONE THAT HAS ALL THE ITEMS AND CLAIMS TO BE THE MAIN ACCOUNT. 

This claim is bullshit. Any reputable trader only has one account they trade with.

51 minutes ago, clipartcowboy said:

BUT THEY HAVE A SHIT TON OF RECCOMENDATIONS  FROM DIFFERENT USERS.

This is also a bullshit claim. Rep on a steam profile means nothing as it's easily faked. Rep on sites like this one are more genuine, but you only should trust the rep of the account you are actively dealing with, not the account they are linking to.

56 minutes ago, clipartcowboy said:

THEY CLAIMED THAT WERENT GOING TO ADD ME ON THE MAIN ACCOUNT DUE TO SECURITY REASONS.

Again, pure bullshit. The only reason they won't add you with "the main account" is because they never owned that account to begin with.

Unfortunately for you, there is very little you can do but learn from your mistakes and move on. You can report the account that traded with you (make sure to report that account, not the account they claimed to be), but that's about it. You will not get your items back; You can only rebuild.

'KITTY ICON'

im assuming its the number 1 richest dude on tf2 which his common name is fat stormtrooper if im not mistaken.

if you go on his bp.tf profile,there is a message in orange colour stating that the user is being impersonated by fake accounts pretending to be him.

i dont think the real of him would even want to buy your items in the first place..you got fooled by someone pretending to be him,not the real dude

Yup, totally an impersonator.
And if you are already off to accusing someone, bring some screenshots and evidence that it's actually him.

SteamRep, Backpack.tf and constant background check of the people you are chatting with, using their URL to make sure it's actually who they claim they are.
There are so many security measures that can be taken, especially when it comes to impersonation, which is easy to check.

5 hours ago, Diamond jozu said:

if you go on his bp.tf profile,there is a message in orange colour stating that the user is being impersonated by fake accounts pretending to be him.

That's really interesting that there's no message in his bp profile about impersonators and also he doesn't even say anything about impersonating in his steam profile so he is really good to impersonate him.

P.S. This situation is kinda strange cause he says that he lost only 2 unusuals but i see how he just "deposits" ALL his items to fake (as it seems) bitskins bot. And there's no unusual which was sent to somebody who isn't this bot.

1 hour ago, Vebster said:

That's really interesting that there's no message in his bp profile about impersonators and also he doesn't even say anything about impersonating in his steam profile so he is really good to impersonate him.

P.S. This situation is kinda strange cause he says that he lost only 2 unusuals but i see how he just "deposits" ALL his items to fake (as it seems) bitskins bot. And there's no unusual which was sent to somebody who isn't this bot.

i mean OP didnt clarify the name of scammer but he said 'kitty icon' so this would be the closest as he is the top 100: https://backpack.tf/u/76561198261771051

5 hours ago, Vebster said:

That's really interesting that there's no message in his bp profile about impersonators

This warning is up to BPTF admins, they use it sparingly and I don't believe it's effective anyway.

What could be effective is a bright warning on every profile like

This BPTF profile belongs to steamcommunity.com/profiles/###. Always check for impersonators. [You can turn this warning off in settings]

but this is not happening cause in my experience admins always reject any new ideas.

3 hours ago, Diamond jozu said:

also he doesn't even say anything about impersonating in his steam profile so he is really good to impersonate him

This doesn't make any sense. The whole idea of impersonation is for a victim to follow a false ""my backpack.tf backpack" link and to never see a Steam profile of impersonated person.

^ Again, this is because of (imho) a bad design since a victim has to somehow figure out that they need to click on the avatar to go back to Steam profile page to check.

1 hour ago, D.Alex said:

This warning is up to BPTF admins, they use it sparingly and I don't believe it's effective anyway.

What could be effective is a bright warning on every profile like

This BPTF profile belongs to steamcommunity.com/profiles/###. Always check for impersonators. [You can turn this warning off in settings]

but this is not happening cause in my experience admins always reject any new ideas.

This doesn't make any sense. The whole idea of impersonation is for a victim to follow a false ""my backpack.tf backpack" link and to never see a Steam profile of impersonated person.

^ Again, this is because of (imho) a bad design since a victim has to somehow figure out that they need to click on the avatar to go back to Steam profile page to check.

why did i get this notification?i didnt say that...

1 hour ago, Vebster said:

omegaLUL there's guy with name kitty icon and he has #121 backpack so it might be him or what you've linked

OP said top 100 so i assumed it was someone ranked 1-100 so yea

1 minute ago, Diamond jozu said:

OP said top 100 so i assumed it was someone ranked 1-100 so yea

We cannot come to conclusions until OP shares the steam or backpack link of the scammer.

However, i found two main suspects by digging in some of his items.

First(main)  - https://backpack.tf/u/76561198075890408

Second - https://backpack.tf/u/76561199099027203

These maybe true or maybe not, just wanted to share.

do you reckon that some >1% bp owners are their own impersonator? seems like most people just assume that they have one.

i just think it's strange that this guy this guy apparently decided to pick up EVERY SINGLE SCAMMED UNUSUAL FROM OP'S INVENTORY AT ONCE.

Haunted Phantasm Jr Private Eye

Unusual Taunt A

Unusual Taunt B

Unusual Taunt C

Power Surge Trencher's Topper

Green Energy Missing Piece

hmmm... maybe the scammer just sold them for a ridiculously low value that he pounced onto. just looks weird.

It's not strange,   PiotreX traded these items for about 140 keys from this fence account

https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198075890408

https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198011321852#!/compare/1604966400/1605052800

You could try to file a report and then it's up to admins to see

if user is  regularly buying items from accounts banned on backpack.tf

also considering their past history and previous bans

2 hours ago, D.Alex said:

It's not strange,   PiotreX traded these items for about 140 keys from this fence account

https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198075890408

https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198011321852#!/compare/1604966400/1605052800

You could try to file a report and then it's up to admins to see

if user is  regularly buying items from accounts banned on backpack.tf

also considering their past history and previous bans

Oh okay. I don't know really, just thought it was a discrepancy.

Archived