Scammer returning unusuals, I don't know how to feel about this.

Two days ago a scammer exit brokered on everyone, and some hours ago he decided to give everyone their unusuals back including to me (unless he sold them) after he already got marked.
I am not sure how to feel about it and if I even did the right thing by taking my unusual back after what he did to everyone.

Trading with a Scammer? Returning the item? Righting the Wrongs?

I am totally confused.

EDIT: Any admins/moderators to assist with this confusion? 

Edited by Bomsusik
Adding a request
21 minutes ago, Eegore said:

He wasn't trying to give anything back until a steamrep report was submitted. He'll likely try to appeal now that everything has been returned, unlikely that he'll be unbanned. Good riddance.

https://rep.tf/76561198153874080

Indeed, considering the fact that on SteamRep during the report he was given the chance to return everything to people or prove his innocence before he got tagged.

Why do it only after he got tagged and reputation trashed? It's too late.

Some people are hard to understand.

if you got scammed by him and he is giving back what he took from you,its fine because technically you are not trading with him but you can always give your thought about it if he is doing it because change of heart or not

3 minutes ago, Diamond jozu said:

if you got scammed by him and he is giving back what he took from you,its fine because technically you are not trading with him but you can always give your thought about it if he is doing it because change of heart or not

That's exactly what I wanted to hear, actually.

What I understood from some victims, is that he gave them unusuals that did not belong to them in the first place. Now that, is totally sketchy. (Not like it wasn't beforehand.) 

6 hours ago, Bomsusik said:

Two days ago a scammer exit brokered on everyone, and some hours ago he decided to give everyone their unusuals back including to me (unless he sold them) after he already got marked.
I am not sure how to feel about it and if I even did the right thing by taking my unusual back after what he did to everyone.

'I tried scamming and all I got was this lousy SteamRep mark'

In all seriousness, you should take it as a learning experience to avoid trusting people too greatly if they don't have any previous reputation, and even then, take everything with a pinch of salt. Luckily, he was able to give your items back, but given other circumstances, that may not have been the case.

2 minutes ago, Mengh. said:

In all seriousness, you should take it as a learning experience to avoid trusting people too greatly if they don't have any previous reputation, and even then, take everything with a pinch of salt. Luckily, he was able to give your items back, but given other circumstances, that may not have been the case.

Luckily for me and my trust issues, I could've lost not a significant value from my backpack.
But then there were people who entrusted him with unusuals that are worth 90-100 keys (!!!)

28 minutes ago, Bomsusik said:

That's exactly what I wanted to hear, actually.

What I understood from some victims, is that he gave them unusuals that did not belong to them in the first place. Now that, is totally sketchy. (Not like it wasn't beforehand.) 

glad i gave the answer but if he thinks he can return the scammed unusual to others who arent involved and want to make an appeal,he is DEAD wrong because steamrep will ask for the full picture and evidence and there is a way to check if he edited/cropped any pictures.

either ways even if he does give all the scammed items back to the victim and attempt to appeal,he still wont be unbanned because he is gonna do this again

Just now, Diamond jozu said:

glad i gave the answer but if he thinks he can return the scammed unusual to others who arent involved and want to make an appeal,he is DEAD wrong because steamrep will ask for the full picture and evidence and there is a way to check if he edited/cropped any pictures.

either ways even if he does give all the scammed items back to the victim and attempt to appeal,he still wont be unbanned because he is gonna do this again

Considering the time that passed (which is none,) he definitely won't be unbanned.
Also, drill or not, he committed a very serious offence which previously cost the community at least over 10k dollars at once.

One and only Ackerman
12 minutes ago, Diamond jozu said:

Steamrep will never unban scammed people, ever. They do not care even if the scammer gave the items back to the people, scamming is scamming.

No normal person would scam people, wear it loud and proud, and then instantly have a change of heart a couple days later and then give people their hats back but not even give them the right ones. He needs to go take a break from the internet and get some help. He obviously isn't all there mentally.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Snailiad said:

this guy was also an aimbotter, FYI

i haven't got proof as he deleted all his steam comments about it so i'll take my laugh reactions in stride

4 hours ago, Mememememem said:

i swear to god, i met him(yeah, him not impersonator) playing casual and he was using cheats with his friends and promoting lmaobox

His steam page was featured in one of Delfy's videos regarding hacking after he was banned on one of their servers. Seems like that was the turning point for him, mentally

On 11/4/2020 at 9:58 PM, Nick Xavier said:

Steamrep will never unban scammed people, ever. They do not care even if the scammer gave the items back to the people, scamming is scamming.

they do unban scammers depending the situation but is extremely rare for it to happen.i did see some very old reports that a scammer only scammed one guy and then returned it back after several years,steamrep gave a very rare second chance