Is scrapmaking worth it now in 2020 and possibly the future?

MeeMer

I not only speak for myself, I also speak for the new traders of TF2 who seem to have to start from scratch if they have no capital right now. Is scrapmaking worth it right now? Cuz honestly, all I have is a few refined, so I can skip that step, but I might need to make more refined, and the only way seems to be scrapmaking as I have a shitton of weapons and not that many hats and cosmetics. I mean, if anyone wants to reply or even give advice, feel free to do so!

scrapmaking?  do you mean scrap banking?  if so, the answer would be no, never.  It's a pointless endeavor with bots and sites like scraptf existing

Just invest 20-30$ into the game if you wanna get into trading, there's no reason to even bother with scrap banking especially nowadays. Trust me, just investing that bit of money will save you probably a year of useless grinding lol

1 hour ago, furry_medic_69 said:

Just invest 20-30$ into the game if you wanna get into trading, there's no reason to even bother with scrap banking especially nowadays. Trust me, just investing that bit of money will save you probably a year of useless grinding lol

Exactly, time is money.

Someone had this scrap banking ads for a long time now(probably 6+ months) on TF2 steam forums. He never had a buyer at all and sold all of his stuff on bp.tf instead. Bots dominate low tier trading and it's not worth waiting for years like the others said.

As told by the others, no it isn't worth it.

Investment is the best bet to get into trading and it will indeed save months and even years of grinding.
Even a better bet, especially if it's about the money, is to get a job.

Archived