Was the trade I made fair?

lolguysome

I traded away a Orbiting Fire Noble Amassment of Hats with 2 Hallowen Spells: Voices from below and gangreen footprints.

For the following:

4 Mann Co. Supply Crate Keys

Strange Killstreak Scatter Gun Hallowen Spell: Exorcism

Vintage Gun Boats

Shooting Star

Taunt: Rock, Paper, Scissors

Genuine Fan o War

Strange Specialized Iron Bomber

Strange Killstreak Diamond Back

Strange Festivized Killstreak Knife

Strange Festivized Killstreak Sniper Rifle

Please tell me if this was a good trade, thanks!

I did the math, not sure if I was right.

From bottom to top, in keys. (price is from marketplace or classifieds)

2.43 + 1.77 + 0.82 + 0.47 + 0.88 + 1.72 + 0.15 + 3 + 4

= 15.24 keys

Though it could be a hard time to turn all those junk into full pure.

Considering the thing is priced at 17, and this is double spelled, it doesnt seem like a pretty good deal to me

1 hour ago, Yaruh said:

I did the math, not sure if I was right.

From bottom to top, in keys. (price is from marketplace or classifieds)

2.43 + 1.77 + 0.82 + 0.47 + 0.88 + 1.72 + 0.15 + 3 + 4

= 15.24 keys

Though it could be a hard time to turn all those junk into full pure.

Considering the thing is priced at 17, and this is double spelled, it doesnt seem like a pretty good deal to me

the stuff seems pretty ditchable on the SCM/to classifieds bots.  and from here 

it sounds like the unusual was unsellable (referring to the begging)? But am unsure how long the OP was really trying to sell it for

(edit: if anyone is misunderstanding, my interpretation was that the OP was trying to quicksell the thing)

@topic,

if you're okay with ~15ish keys in items (presuming the fellow I quoted did all the math right) then you did fine

Im not sure why people are saying you got sharked. Their are sellers at 22 keys on the unusual, and buyers at 12. I don't think 15 keys in items is an unfair trade for either party. Yes, you sold at the lower end of the spectrum, but definitely not a shark. I would not even call 15 keys a quicksell on that hat. A shark would mean you sold the hat for a fraction of its potential value. I bet if you sold all of those items to bots you would end up with more than 12 keys, the buy order on your unusual. You didnt make profit, but you also did not loose much in terms of overall value In my opinion. 

edit: this is assuming the 15 keys someone else said is a correct number on the value of the items you received. 

6 minutes ago, fat gorilla said:

Im not sure why people are saying you got sharked. Their are sellers at 22 keys on the unusual, and buyers at 12. I don't think 15 keys in items is an unfair trade for either party. Yes, you sold at the lower end of the spectrum, but definitely not a shark. I would not even call 15 keys a quicksell on that hat. A shark would mean you sold the hat for a fraction of its potential value. I bet if you sold all of those items to bots you would end up with more than 12 keys, the buy order on your unusual. You didnt make profit, but you also did not loose much in terms of overall value In my opinion. 

edit: this is assuming the 15 keys someone else said is a correct number on the value of the items you received. 

it was double spelled so people are probably tacking on not-insignificant value for that

You didn't make that bad of a deal, and you definitely didn't get sharked.

He is selling the hat for 23 keys, at most you lost 7 keys in value (less than $12). 

I don't see why people are so upset.

Furthermore:

a1a3e970817ef29c58e736b2c02f5870.png

He literally made a post saying that he is selling his hat for 15-18 keys, and that he will take equal value in Unusuals or any items.

Not only that but he seems extraordinarily desperate to sell it for that price here.

He sold the item for the exact price that he was looking to get. How anyone could consider this "sharking" is beyond me.

Small excerpt from SteamRep forums on things that actually constitute as sharking or scamming:

https://forums.steamrep.com/pages/faq/

"  BANNED BY STEAMREP. Note: This doesn't prevent anyone from trading, but serves as a dire warning, for which many community websites and server clusters will automatically ban on sight. This person was provably found, by the respective community who issued the tag, to be guilty of one or more of the following:

1. Charge-back or Reversal
  2. Quick-switching items
  3. Receiving the item and not paying
  4. Using fake middleman
  5. Impersonating with intent to commit fraud or abuse reputation
  6. Accomplice or fence (knowingly supporting and systematically trading) for a banned user
  7. Brokering (selling on behalf of) banned users and scammed items
  8. Alternate account of a banned user
  9. Using game or Steam exploits to profit on trades
  10. Anything that is deemed as deceptive or fraudulent trade activity by SteamRep admins. Please see our updated change to investigation policy thread for more info. https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-investigative-policy.140101/
  11. Fraudsters always come up with new ways to steal. Simple rule: DON'T STEAL. DON'T AID IN STEALING. "

I'd say it was an alright sale. Sure you could have definitely gotten more for the spells added, but you did receive what you asked for (15 keys). In future maybe try to sell it higher due to the spells but If you sold it quickly cause it was a hard sell then that's understandable.

was definitely an alright sale. no idea what so many people are rambling bout. sharked my ass , id probably sell it for 15 keys in liquid items too

Someone had told me that spells dont really add much value onto hats and I couldnt get eneyone to offer me over 14 keys for the hat. Even people buying spells and unusals maxxed offered me 14 keys, not even 17 which is backpack.tf value. 😕

It's a fine value. Spells on mediocre hats don't add anything to the value of an unusual except to a very niche group of buyers. Despite being all-class, I'd say the Noble Amassment is one of the most mediocre hats in the game (can't be painted, not as meme-worthy as the Towering, not as reasonable as the Modest, etc) and fits into this description nicely.

You could have gotten a few extra keys if you waited 6 months for a buyer looking for spells to finally come along, but it's not worth it to me, especially since we've yet to see what economic impact (if any) the closing-off of Marketplace.tf will bring to the TF2 trading community.

Archived