What weapon to apply unusual warpaint to?

lazyneers

Have a kill covered isotope warpaint and I cant decide what to apply it to.

Plz don’t be a buzzkill and say 'none you're wasting money by applying it'

Whichever loadout you have that would go well with the green/black combo
Though a look at your inventory doesn't really leave many breadcrumbs

I think Stickybomb Launcher would look sick but of course this depends on how much demo you play
I wouldn't advise a Sniper Rifle because the Night Owl looks very similar and is relatively common so I feel like it would be a waste of a great paint

Depends which class you are looking for, but I would go for a popular side grade other than stock. Earlier generation cases before war paints only gave stock weapons, so there are many nice alternatives other than war paints.  Iron Bomber, Jag (or Panic attack), Tomislav, Bazaar Bargain, Crusader's Crossbow, degreaser, etc. might be good options to apply to. 

Stock shotgun is also nice as you can use it with multiple classes and many shotgun skins from earlier cases are kind of 'meh'.

Minigun or Brass Beast. Totally not biased as a Heavy main. I do mean those recommendations though, the size and trail of them is fantastic.

Wouldn't advise a Tomislav though. The Isotope effect is so tepid on that thing it's painful.

If  you're applying it to use for yourself:

What classes do I like to play?-->

What weapons do I like to use on those classes that I don't already have a strange/pro ks or unusual on? (make sure you look at the regions of the effect to see what you like as well, some look super good as unusual)

If you're looking to sell it:

Don't apply it, you've heard this a ton I bet, but don't if you want to sell it. 

5 minutes ago, Nikspy said:

Put it anywhere, just don't put it on a spy weapon. The effect doesn't even show up when you're disguised. (I learned that the hard way)

i mean it would be pretty dumb if it showed up while disguised

1 minute ago, DRIFTA said:

i mean it would be pretty dumb if it showed up while disguised

Fair point, but still very underwhelming. Also another bug is something that applies to all unusual weapons. Not sure exactly how it works, but switching to a certain weapon causes the unusual weapon to not show the effect. It also just happens to apply to the knife. So unless you constantly change between weapons, the effect is non-existent.

Archived