Teach me how to use an Elgato HD60S properly with my switch?

JayTuut

So basically. The hd60s works obviously, and i can stream it on the elgato software to twitch. And I'm pretty sure it works on streamlabs OBS when i tried it. But the problem is, is that I can only see the output on my PC, if I wanted to play it on my switch but have it output to the stream, or play it personally on my TV and just have it output to the stream, how would I do that? Someone please tell me :C Because the output is just straight to the PC which works for the stream but it's basically me playing on my pc with a delay.

I believe? You'd need an HDMI Splitter. One output into the TV, one into the Elgato. Oughta get a second opinion though, since I'm not 100% on that one.

I have deployed an HD60S for a client's streaming setup. There is an HDMI output on the device that is meant to go to your monitor so you can game real-time without having to use your PC to see the gameplay. You need to have the Elgato app designed for the HD60S in order to control the behavior of the device. This should allow you to enable the passthrough feature of the device.

The USB Cable is what is getting the video to your computer in the case of the HD60S, no need to plug the HDMI to your computer.

The full thing would be plugging in the USB Cable of the HD60S to your computer. Then plug in the HDMI of the Switch to the HDMI port near the USB port. Then plug the other HDMI Cable to the monitor, not the PC itself.

Just now, JayTuut said:

The USB Cable is what is getting the video to your computer in the case of the HD60S, no need to plug the HDMI to your computer.

The full thing would be plugging in the USB Cable of the HD60S to your computer. Then plug in the HDMI of the Switch to the HDMI port near the USB port. Then plug the other HDMI Cable to the monitor, not the PC itself.

Ah okay, thanks man, cheers

• JayTuut locked this topic

Archived