community market exchange rates

neonfishingrod

What classes of items, if any, hold their value best between trading (bptf price, etc) and community market value? I have a lot of extra wallet funds and want to transfer them over, but keys are out of the question because they're so much cheaper on Marketplace. what's my best option for cashing out into the TF2 gamespace?

Generally the value is pretty equal, like it's "$2.4" per key, but that won't grant you 2.4USD MP/Cash value in items on the SCM. Like, $1 in Steam Funds doesn't actually equate to a dollar, it's weird but it's just how it is. You can get lucky with quicksell snipes and other things, but realistically if you just want a platform transfer it isn't worth it.

TLDR: Keys are fine.

Keys are fine, but if you do some digging you could find some unusuals being sold below buy orders for $. It's a complete shit show out there and there's some great deals you could cash out a lot more with

If you are trying to convert steam funds into PayPal cash via marketplace, you can't do wrong with keys, just don't buy regular keys, that is a massive waste of cash, buy the event based ones, they usually fetch a significantly better price on marketplace.tf and they cost the same on the store, they might take more time, but they are a better conversion.

Unfortunately you missed the prime time to cash out SCM funds, (that being when new updates drop) as during the first 2-3 days of new keys being trade-able they can go as high as $2.70usd on marketplace.tf, almost giving you a 1:1 conversion (assuming no currency BS, and not including tax). This is still my preferred method of cashing out wallet funds, even without the window of opportunity, as most keys will fetch $2.30 - $2.40 usd (giving you $2.15~) at minimum.

Oh and as a side note, if you plan on doing this, don't buy all of one key, spread it around, makes it easier to sell, and less likely that you will get stuck with them. Also don't just buy the most expensive key on marketplace, by the time your 7 days are up the price will have normalized or dipped a bit, people chase trends and as a result they usually get bombarded with sellers, driving the price down.

Tickets are also an option, they cash out more effectively than regular keys but are slightly unstable, you have to be patient to get a good price with them sometimes.

Edited by Krys_
punctuation, and stuff
  • Like 3

Gold/Purple paint, TOD tickets, Backpack Expanders, Case keys, theres a lot of things if you take the time to look.

Mannco supply crate Keys are a terrible steam wallet to real money conversion.

I usually like buying higher priced aussies with buy orders.

I guess since there are less than 2 months left I can let go of my secret that weapons with a great part or great spell sell for just as much on marketplace as anywhere else.

• Like 1

Unlocked class crates are fine and if you are a masochist you could try and buy a bunch of mvm tickets, sell them to bots for ref and then sell that ref at 0.05 on mp for nearly a 1:1 conversion