Scammer

Neko 『Megumin Priest』

So this is how this ordeal went down.

First, my friend KunaiTheJolt sent me a link to "vote" to tf2 tournament team, he didn't knew it was a scammer site. Me trusting him did the thing and signed up through my steam account (first mistake).

Screenshot_2020-10-20_083122.png

Later my steam account got hijacked by some guy on Moscow and changed my profile to make it as I was banned for violating Steam TOS, I have never seen this before and I was surprised. (I don't have a picture of how my profile looked like when I got hijacked)

Screenshot_2020-10-20_083900.png

Then some scumbag copies one of my most trusted friend's profile and sends me a message

Screenshot_2020-10-20_085821.png

Screenshot_2020-10-20_085105.png

Screenshot_2020-10-20_085110.png

This particular friend I've known him for 7-8 years now and he was with me when I started trading and when I got my most expensive and dream unusual (Spellbound fruit shoot) and he knew how much those items mattered to me and all the others ones I have, so when the guy who impersonated my friend asked me to trade my items to "keep them safe" I trusted him. My backpack was worth around like 1.2k dollars if I remember correctly and I'm really panicking since I was gonna use some of this items to be able to pay some stuff, is there any way I can get my items back or am I screwed?

Unfortunately there is no possible way to get your items back, unless the scammers sells the hats and it pops up onto the market again, and only then you'd have to pay the pretty penny to get them back into your inventory.

37 minutes ago, furry_medic_69 said:

Unfortunately there is no possible way to get your items back, unless the scammers sells the hats and it pops up onto the market again, and only then you'd have to pay the pretty penny to get them back into your inventory.

True that, but if the new owner doesn't wanna trade them away, don't beg because it isn't their fault you got scammed and they're not to know it was scammed in the first place

1 minute ago, присел said:

Sorry, you cant get your items back,  but cmon how did you fall for that with 1.2k$ bp, this is one of the most common scams

Because a friend sent him the link so you're less likely to be suspicious of the link.

First of all, i'm sorry for your loss. Secondly, I'd just like to clarify some things since i have been accused of being a scammer just because I am the current owner of the hat. Regarding the spellbound fruit shoot, I saw it pop up on the unusuals section of scrap.tf, and I presume that the scammer wanted to get rid of it quickly so that his name doesn't appear on the item history. I can provide a screenshot of the trade with the scrap.tf unusual bot if you're skeptical.

Archived