TF2 Competitive phish warning

Bomsusik

Yesterday night was the second time in a few months when someone added me to join a competitive tf2 team, sending me a group invite, in which there's a fishy link in order to "apply".

I haven't got to that point in the second conversation, but I recognized the pattern and interestingly enough, both were human.

If you ever encounter this, you should know better than to click on any link anyone sends you, even if it's from your friends online.

Keep this in mind when someone offers you to join a competitive team with a shady steam group or link.

Stay safe!

Yes, some random person I know nothing about is going to approach me because they think I, random person who's only ever been average at the game, would be a great addition to their team and it's going to make perfect sense

Yes, let me add this random kid with a cringey spy profile picture for my 6s team. Instead of the many friends that my UGC plat scout main has to fill in that last extra slot. 

6 minutes ago, Bob the Unsymmetrical said:

Yes, let me add this random kid with a cringey spy profile picture for my 6s team. Instead of the many friends that my UGC plat scout main has to fill in that last extra slot. 

PFFFFFF PLAT LULE

5 hours ago, Bomsusik said:

Yesterday night was the second time in a few months when someone added me to join a competitive tf2 team, sending me a group invite, in which there's a fishy link in order to "apply".

I haven't got to that point in the second conversation, but I recognized the pattern and interestingly enough, both were human.

If you ever encounter this, you should know better than to click on any link anyone sends you, even if it's from your friends online.

Keep this in mind when someone offers you to join a competitive team with a shady steam group or link.

Stay safe!

Ive been added for league of legends and csgo teams even though I have never played those games. Never saw them doing it for tf2

Did have one guy add me once and ask me what games I played in first then proceeded to invite me to a competetive team for one lol.

Archived