Conflicted in which unusual to get...

[DFS]🐾FoxyWithTheMoxy🐾

So I'm planning to buy my first unusual for TF2 and I'm a little conflicted between which one to get, so far I have 90 keys (at least according to backpack.tf) in my inventory and the ones that caught my eye were:

(Price based on icon price)

• Disco Beat Down Crone's Dome - 70.5 keys
  • Cloud 9 Crone's Dome - 64 keys

I've got two pictures as shown below showcasing what these unusuals could be like (The paints and other cosmetics don't count, they are just for the example)

MjY1hMQ.pngZzwt0dh.png

Now someone is selling the Cloud 9 Version for 75 keys (which is a little higher than its current price), whilst Disco Beat Down is being sold at around 100+.

I'm very conflicted as they both look pretty. Any help?

I would say go for the Disco Beat down crones dome, and if you ever have enough to afford one, get a c9 pyromancers mask to pair it with. Super cute combo :3

DBD is a much nicer effect to combo with especially if you want to get a unusual pyromancers in the future to combo. On that note too a C9 or heart pyromancer will be cheaper then a DBD one.

dbd is nicer, I used to hate the effect because it was 3rd gen and the original particle effect was bad (until they updated it), it's a very good effect and affordable too

Between the 2, dbd is the better looking effect.

Just make sure to have a cosmetic loadout(s) that you like in mind before you buy it. You don't want to spend that much and quickly have buyer's remorse. Making a loadout you like, then getting an unusual version of the hat is more satisfying than getting an unusual and building a loadout around it.

Depends what you want. I'd personally go for Cloud 9 - but DBD will be much easier to sell in the future, (this thread kinda proves its popularity). C9 just synchronises with your pink set a bit more - in my opinion anyway.

In my opinion, I like disco beat down more since it's a little more visible across the map (for some reason, I noticed that the little "light orbs" that spawn from it don't properly resize with distance), though if you plan on wearing pink cosmetics (and since the crones is multi-class, I assume your other class loadouts follow the same theme) and plan to color the hat pink as well then honestly cloud 9 fits better. Totally not biased at all as I own two disco beat down crones.

15 hours ago, Scott Bakula said:

Between the 2, dbd is the better looking effect.

Just make sure to have a cosmetic loadout(s) that you like in mind before you buy it. You don't want to spend that much and quickly have buyer's remorse. Making a loadout you like, then getting an unusual version of the hat is more satisfying than getting an unusual and building a loadout around it.

Out of curiousity, I decided to do a little image test again but this time, I'm including an Unusual which is one I wish to get in the future (which I don't have enough for) and thats a Circling Heart Pyromancer's Mask.

Anyways, here is the example. (Apologies for image quality and what not, the best I was able to get.)

YPIRGQS.pngcBttJHP.png

Out of all of them (and from others as well), the Disco Beat Down is definitely the best one so I will consider getting it, and hopefully try to buy it from the original price (and not the inflated one).

EDIT: Quick Edit but is it okay if I can get some quick advice for the Disco Beat Down? Such as a good price range I should buy it for, etc. Like I said I have around 90 keys.

8 hours ago, [DFS]🐾FoxyWithTheMoxy🐾 said:

Out of curiousity, I decided to do a little image test again but this time, I'm including an Unusual which is one I wish to get in the future (which I don't have enough for) and thats a Circling Heart Pyromancer's Mask.

Anyways, here is the example. (Apologies for image quality and what not, the best I was able to get.)

YPIRGQS.pngcBttJHP.png

Out of all of them (and from others as well), the Disco Beat Down is definitely the best one so I will consider getting it, and hopefully try to buy it from the original price (and not the inflated one).

EDIT: Quick Edit but is it okay if I can get some quick advice for the Disco Beat Down? Such as a good price range I should buy it for, etc. Like I said I have around 90 keys.

Just send everyone on classifieds an offer for 90 keys and see what happens.

Visually speaking the combination of the circling heart and dbd looks really dope.

Like @kayalancer said, try offering lower and see what happens, because a lot of traders are open for negotiation.

Archived