Laugh o' lantern vs pumpkin party

Hunterskills

I know it's extremely hard to estimate this early, but in your guys OPINION what is more desired/rare? laugh o' lantern or pumpkin party?

If you look at the crates pumpkin party has 3 tiers to drop as opposed to laugh o' lanterns 1 tier to drop, a majority of pumpkin party hats are cheaper however, but i want to hear your guys opinions :)

pumpkin party (PP) seems more animated is more flashy and i think will sell for a lot more then the laugh o' lantern (LoL)

though both effects look quite nice.

PP mid high tier ish effect? 

LoL mid ish tier effect

keeping that in mind its just that its about supply and demand and people's preference some people scale the effect differenttly depending on their taste. looking at you Bonzo

Alright thanks for input, Yeah i remember when bonzo's first came out.. people HATED BONZO :( really wish i managed to snag some back in the day considering the prices now oof

Laugh o lantern is one of my fav effects, so glad it’s finally in the game. None of the other new effects rly caught my eye, even pumpkin party is kinda meh. But that’s just my thinking.

30 minutes ago, Miles Upshuar said:

I like the green one

Me too, i've had 3 so far and two have almost instantly sold on the SCM, IMHO though i wish there was an option to turn the party baloons off it kinda ruins it for me.

In my opinion, Pumpkin Party seems to be the orange variant of haunted ghosts. Not only does it have various 2d sprites similar to haunted ghosts, but it also has a glow and effect range like it. Though because of its 3x unbox rate, I have been putting it only in a slightly higher tier than Gourdian and Pyroland, and it's probably the more mid-tier effect of this update. I will admit though, it looks better than LoL in terms of visibility but of course due to rarity, it will continue to sink faster than LoL.

In the more grand scheme of things though, all of the effects this update seem to just be low to mid tier, there doesn't really seem to be one that stands out to be god or high tier like the previous new effect releases (icefall, prisma-like effects, the doorway effects). LoL and the other "laughing" effects are similar to phos and sulphorous but less visible. The most unique effects of this update were: Vexxed Volcanics and Plum Prankster (which are also the rarest of the new effects but also not too visible). Rarity does play a big role in the value of a general effect though. Fifth dimension and knifestorm are great examples of this. Fifth almost certainly looked like a god tier effect due to the elaborate sprites and unique color scheme compared to previous effects, but due to so many bat hats (all-classes) being unboxed with this effect, they dropped in demand as there was no real reason to pay for a god tier hat with that common effect. Back in 2013-15, knifestorm was either a really hated or really liked effect, and eventually as the supply for them dropped (more knifestorm hats wounded up in collector bps), the demand for them rose. That being said, bonzo and knifestorm created a "branding" for themselves due to rising demand and their own rarity, despite being considered "ugly" effects when they were first released. 

9 hours ago, Hunterskills said:

Alright thanks for input, Yeah i remember when bonzo's first came out.. people HATED BONZO :( really wish i managed to snag some back in the day considering the prices now oof

400IQ move - the experienced traders pretended to hate it so they could snag it early for very cheap ;) 

Archived