warning

Dexipty

good rule of thumb is to not send a trade you arent happy with. Specifically a trade where you are sending items for nothing in return. Unless you are depositing items into a reputable trading website, their is literally 0 reason why you should be sending/accepting trades where you arent getting something in return. I have no idea how you got scammed but I guarantee you somewhere along the line you either gave up ur steam login info, or sent/accepted a trade you shoudlnt have or were not happy with. Not getting scammed is extremely easy and basic, and yet it happens so frequently. Learn from your mistakes and be careful when trading. Whenever I am going to trade with someone, before any negotiation has happened, I always do a basic check. If they dont have hours in tf2, have a new profile, or a private inventory, chances are this person has bad intentions. people who dont play the game (have no hours), dont trade items. A good resource I use is steamrep in addition to looking at their bp.tf profile, steamrep will tell you if they have been accused of scamming in the past. This isnt a full proof way to know if someone you are dealing with is a scammer, as they could have just made the account, but its worth doing. I hope something I said can help you not get scammed in the future. Learn from your mistakes. 

why are people so mean here?

oh yeah,its bp.tf forums..oh well

as for OP,i have no idea how you got scammed but if they asked you to log in a website,please check this blog and do the steps as shows:

https://marketplace.tf/blog/posts/YHLZOB

if not then go on youtube and check out all steam scams that can happen and be more vigilant

11 minutes ago, Diamond jozu said:

why are people so mean here?

oh yeah,its bp.tf forums..oh well

as for OP,i have no idea how you got scammed but if they asked you to log in a website,please check this blog and do the steps as shows:

https://marketplace.tf/blog/posts/YHLZOB

if not then go on youtube and check out all steam scams that can happen and be more vigilant

it's pretty clear this was the old festivized vs festive scam, not a phishing scam

2 hours ago, fat gorilla said:

people who dont play the game (have no hours), dont trade items.  

While certainly something to take into consideration about the person's intentions, it's not quite that black and white:

• SmokE locked this topic

Archived