Pyromancer's Raiments - Price Manipulation.

w0lk

There's a possible price-manipulation going on with the Pyromancer's Raiments.

https://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/440/Pyromancer's Raiments

1161048098_priceman.PNG.e90afc6c2b4a987f50ad86c445835514.PNG

It's quite obvious from the SCM sales.

https://backpack.tf/classifieds?item=Pyromancer's+Raiments&quality=6&tradable=1&craftable=1&australium=-1&killstreak_tier=0

Now, Innocent until proven guilty, but this seems pretty suspicious.

I'd advise to stay away from this item for now.

Same happened on Marketplace.tf , the item spiked just in 7 hours after the last sale.

ZO0SKPq.png

Keep in mind that this has been done in a span of 2-3 days, which seems pretty obvious that this was price manipulated.

Huh, I thought this was only a bot glitch again, looks like i was wrong. I doubt this is 1 person doing it all, and there's definitely hype around this item right now. As with all hype items, people want to invest into them as soon as possible, we saw the same thing happen to the Upgrade for the spy once the "Observer" meme became popular. This is sorta the same, because people realized "Oh wait, there's this cool af pyro wizard loadout". Just like the Upgrade though, the price will most definitely fall after hype. I'd only recommend avoiding buying them because it's just a horrible price lmao

10 minutes ago, loli (hiding) said:

wait so people messed around to get the item to a high price and to resell?

Capitalizing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comparing this to the hype with the upgrade doesn't work that well. That is a merc grade item you can still unbox, so the price of that fell back down quite quick, if not all the way back down to the level before the hype.

This is a limited cosmetic that you can no longer unbox, and it's rarer than a max head (8k vs 11k exist). It's clearly not a 50 key+ item, but I could see this staying somewhere in the 10 key area. It for sure not gonna be 1.5 keys ever again.

This was done to trick a certain gambling site into overpaying for said item most likely.There have been other items like this in the past few months

On 10/4/2020 at 7:02 AM, Puddingkeep said:

There's a possible price-manipulation going on with the Pyromancer's Raiments.

https://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/440/Pyromancer's Raiments

1161048098_priceman.PNG.e90afc6c2b4a987f50ad86c445835514.PNG

It's quite obvious from the SCM sales.

https://backpack.tf/classifieds?item=Pyromancer's+Raiments&quality=6&tradable=1&craftable=1&australium=-1&killstreak_tier=0

Now, Innocent until proven guilty, but this seems pretty suspicious.

I'd advise to stay away from this item for now.

Yeah, this is fairly blatant price manipulation. Hope that no one is dumb enough to buy for the 10 or 20 keys (and even 100... seriously?) up currently, because you're almost guaranteed to get fucked when the price inevitably crashes. 

1 hour ago, h0wLze_ said:

Yeah, this is fairly blatant price manipulation. Hope that no one is dumb enough to buy for the 10 or 20 keys (and even 100... seriously?) up currently, because you're almost guaranteed to get fucked when the price inevitably crashes. 

Already started crashing as everyone started dumping it on SCM. It's sadly an unavoidable fate of low-supply items.

I was wondering what was with the price inflation, wanted to get it due to the Seared Sorcerer cosmetic as it fits a magician pyromancer (guess I wasn't the only one who wanted such as thing).

On 10/5/2020 at 11:09 AM, [DFS]🐾FoxyWithTheMoxy🐾 said:

I was wondering what was with the price inflation, wanted to get it due to the Seared Sorcerer cosmetic as it fits a magician pyromancer (guess I wasn't the only one who wanted such as thing).

That may be the reasoning behind the inflation. It's a sleazy way to get extra keys out of an item that was already at a fairly balanced priced months ago.

Archived