Jacob - Sharker

Miles Upshuar

Hi everyone,

Miles here.

I just got Jacob on the hypostasis of the wounded man, feeling attacked by me and my friends who asks for justice.

If you don't know who Jacob is, is this guy right here - https://steamcommunity.com/id/JacobIsLIT

One of the proudest worth following traders of TF2, that's how many calls him, "i would rather trust Jacob than u, cuz u are annoying" said someone when i tried to call him out on backpack.tf discord channel.

What happend you ask? I caught Jacob sharking a 13 years old kid, but more likely scamming a 13 years old kid.

Let me explain

https://imgur.com/gallery/qKmsukN

https://imgur.com/gallery/kRdhTnN

https://imgur.com/gallery/PNX3sYz

Up here are all the conversations of the scammed person with Jacob, the sharked kid telling Jacob about his very very low trading knowledge (almost none) and Jacob did what every respected trader should do you might say. He sharked him offering the following items for his hat :

Orbiting Fire Bat Hat (~35$) + 4 Mann Co. Keys for a new Summer 2020 Breach and  Bomb Strange Verdadica (1 of 1 at the moment of writing this forum - Might be worth more than 200$)

That's not an OK attitude, and i'm saying this for all the others sharkers out there who think they can hide behind the finger. That's not the attitude a high tier trader should make towards new players, what will be their opinion about Team Fortress 2 if they get robbed from the first days of them playing, This isn't a normal behavior.

I'm saying this right now,

Jacob, if you will give the kid u scammed the hat back and he will give your stuff back, i will delete this post , i promise this.

If you won't do that , i will do everything stays in my power to get you down for good.

Thank you.

Little shit learned some valuable lessons today. Learn the true value of the item you have, seek 2nd opinions prior to trading, and always make sure you are satisfied with what you're getting prior to a trade agreement.

He made a deal. Jacob has no obligation to trade it back.  Crying and organizing a witchhunt isn't going to do shit. 

#TeamJacob

Interesting i can say, i don't call this witchhunt i call it justice.

Justice being a high tier trade he should have informed the last owner who btw is a 13 year old child with 0 trading knowledge that his hat is more expensive than 15 keys, letting the person to choose what items to take is the most common sharking behavior, but this one is more likely a scammer behavior

On the last screenshot of the first link, it's very clear that Jacob is manipulating this new trader.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgQBuq-u3D2qsx_Q5QnVy2w

In this video Jacob defends himself by saying the 13 year old made the offer when Jacob is clearly manipulating the vincim in the direction he wants- offering him low tier unusuals such as a Blizzardy Storm Tyrant's Helm (priced at 24 keys). Furthermore Jacob states that his Strange Eternal Essence (listed at 65 keys) would be too much for the victims Unusual (worth around 200$ / around 109 keys). 

The victim says in the first screenshot of the first link, that he has heared a different pricing on his Unusual. Jacob then replies "I can literally guarantee I have more experience than them" leading the victim to belive his Unusual is worth less than what it actually is.

In the end Jacob walks away with the 200$ Unusual whilst the victim gets a Orbiting Fire Bat Hat (Listed at 38$ on marketplace.tf but has sold for 15.01$ and 15$ numerous times) (Bat hat- https://marketplace.tf/items/tf2/31058;5;u33), 4 keys pure and around 2 keys in sweets. Leaving the victim with around 27 keys in mixed.

Trade history: https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198166855094#!/compare/1600560000/1601164800 

https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198202186637#!/compare/1600992000/1601164800

It's truly heartbreaking seeing a 13 year old kid get sharked like this. 200$ can get a 13 year old a long way. 

Chat log with the victim after the trade: https://imgur.com/a/v2bPKzV

Jacob clearly abused his high position in the trading community for the worse and sharked this poor kid. Jacob refuses to refund the trade when the victim realised he got manipulated and sharked for his Unusual. 

A clear case of sharking. I don't see the point in defending these actions just because of Jacobs influence on the community- I hope you agree that justice for this 13 year old victim must be served

Seen this guy do that and experienced it first hand when I started trading, luckily I recognized that 35 keys for a pro ks aussie rocket launcher was dumb as fuck. People who do this really should be held accountable for what they're doing. To the people saying that they should have known better, why don't you make it your business to help them out instead of making them feel worse about it. 

Especialy when the victim is a 13 year old child who plays tf2 for the first time, i don't even want to know whis attittude about this game now when he knows he got robbered. I won't be surprised if he isn't gona recomand the game to his friends

41 minutes ago, Miles Upshuar said:

no,this is still witch-hunting.you made a public forums and calling out this person on some accusation.if you want to do this,you need to make a report and put in all the sufficient evidence required.

even so,sharkers NEVER get a full ban.they get a ban on the bp.tf premium which will no longer allow them to find newly unboxed items and will get an untrust that shows that they made some unbalanced trades repeatedly. even if you have the proper evidence,its most likely that you still need more evidence like if he has done it to more people.im not sure if rules have changed or not but this is what i know of.

i am very sorry about what has happened to your friend and this is a very scummy thing to happen.they claim they 'bought it to keep intention' but now they is a non-strange on mp.tf that is being sold for 300 bucks.while its not a price but buy order is at 100$ at highest

Eh, normally I side with the person who got the trade here, but it's pretty clear that Jacob lied about item values here

https://imgur.com/a/qBR4r4o 

Worth more than 63 dollars he claims, but he has it listed on backpack right now for 30 keys?

Even though it wasn't included in the trade at the end, he was still untruthful about that item in particular

I know i can't get him trade banned, i will be super happy to see him banned on backpack.tf, cutting his legs to check other newly unboxed items. But people like him will always find a way to priceed with this horrible behavior, especialy after calling me a nobody for calling him out, blocking me and posting a youtube video about me., If you agree i can show you the video in private Diamond Jozu

Fixed images:
Link 1 is out of order, here is proper order: image 1 | image 2 | image 3

Links 2 & 3 are of the same chat and I have cropped them together here.

Summary of events:

Image 1 - Jacob walking guy through steam auth setup. Not related to trade. At the bottom he offers keys+ unusuals, spells and more.

Image 2 - We are missing the previous convo as Jacob says "...you had wanted keys (10) so we can do that. What else would you like?" which implies they talked about what he wanted earlier. Victim then asks if Jacob can do 2020 keys and asked he could an effect like verdatica like ethereal essence to which Jacob respons "Oof, looking for 65 pure on my strange etheral essence". Victim says he's new to trading Jacob bluntly informs him he wouldn't want to pay 65 for his hat. Victim then says he wants some keys but liked the hat/combo and says no one else who has it is willing to trade and he's unsure if he actually wants to trade it. Jacob then says multiple people are selling at the moment (probably true based on marketplace page - however this is the only strange one) and that the new effect's price is hyped up because it's so new.

Image 3 - Victim says "well someone else said something else but it was a while ago" and Jacob plays the "I have more experience than them" card. Jacob says it's his call on if he wants to trade it and offers a blizzard tyrant's which the victim them says oh wow that's worth $63* on scm and Jacob claims it is worth more because SCM price is the low tier effect. In the middle of that Victim says he wants among us and Jacob offers to buy that for him. The image stops here and so we don't actually know how they ended up at the O. Fire Bat hat.

*It should be noted this is probably referencing the Breach and Bomb as at time of writing the cheapest one is at $63.91(Bee Swarm). However context would probably make Jacob think he was referencing the tyrant's.

Links 2 & 3 - This is just the victim trying to get the hat back and doesn't really have anything to do with the trade. Jacob does offer to replace the hat he got but not trade back the verdatica.

Thoughts: We are missing the chat that lead up to the actual trade** however it's clear Jacob tried to at least talk down how much the verdatica is worth by claiming it is new and hyped up (which may be true but MP sales suggest otherwise, plus the non-strange buy order is at $100) and also that he perceived the hat to be worth 40-64 keys based on the "30 key" blizzard offer and not wanting to pay with his "65 key" etheral (+10 keys mentioned earlier) BUT he did not make this blatantly known to the victim (at least with the images we are provided).

**While writing this I saw Jacob's video response that the victim made the offer. If he can provide screenshots of this and there is no other screenshots of him pressuring the victim then there was no sharking here imo, the victim made and confirmed the offer which meant he was satisfied with it. Jacob never made a claim that the item is worth a specific amount he only made his offer and that he thinks the current sellers are too high because of hype.

Man I'm taking a long time to write this, there was no replies when I started...

1 minute ago, Diamond jozu said:

but now they are selling it

He has not listed it anywhere.

1 minute ago, Payback said:

-snip-

See the * under Image 3

1 hour ago, FP jh34ghu43gu said:

Man I'm taking a long time to write this, there was no replies when I started...

yea,my bad.i didnt see the mp.tf item clearly and thought its his till i realized its a non-strange

10 minutes ago, Miles Upshuar said:

I know i can't get him trade banned, i will be super happy to see him banned on backpack.tf, cutting his legs to check other newly unboxed items. But people like him will always find a way to priceed with this horrible behavior, especialy after calling me a nobody for calling him out, blocking me and posting a youtube video about me., If you agree i can show you the video in private Diamond Jozu

no point showing me the evidence in a vide,you need to make a report by going to his bp.tf profile,click the red flag and make the report.it is best to ask the main victim to make the report himself because the evidence is all in his account.he also needs to do it now so that the chat logs will not be gone as it can be saved for 2 weeks

I find it kind of funny that Miles is witchhunting Jacob for sharking while he showed himself offering a (I guess Frozen Icefall?) Citizen Cane for the Breach and Bomb, which he clearly knows its also worth less than the B&B itself (no mention to that at all?). https://i.imgur.com/Wklpu1q.png

I'm not saying you don't want to help the kid, but it just feels like you're kind of salty because you wanted to get the deal yourself?

This community will never stop surprising me.

2 hours ago, Jean Arthur said:

Little shit learned some valuable lessons today. Learn the true value of the item you have, seek 2nd opinions prior to trading, and always make sure you are satisfied with what you're getting prior to a trade agreement.

He made a deal. Jacob has no obligation to trade it back.  Crying and organizing a witchhunt isn't going to do shit. 

#TeamJacob

Firstly I'd like to thank this guy. I appreciate you. To everybody on this thread, all I ask is you watch this video I made on the situation: 

The user with this item had added me on a trade server around a week ago and he told me he has unboxed this hat. I was interested because I planned on selling my TC in the near future. He had a trade hold and so we waited a week for it to go away (he had just gotten mobile auth)

Contrary to popular belief, I did not search this user. I have no idea if there's a way to prove this but if there is let me know and I'd be happy to provide that information.

Did not shark. Did not scam. I'm fighting every -rep left on my bptf.

38 minutes ago, Regente said:

I find it kind of funny that Miles is witchhunting Jacob for sharking while he showed himself offering a (I guess Frozen Icefall?) Citizen Cane for the Breach and Bomb, which he clearly knows its also worth less than the B&B itself (no mention to that at all?). https://i.imgur.com/Wklpu1q.png

I'm not saying you don't want to help the kid, but it just feels like you're kind of salty because you wanted to get the deal yourself?

This community will never stop surprising me.

Not calling anyone a shark myself or entirely questioning the motive, but it is funny how historically many of the shark exposées are by people who were also offering on the same hats in question. 

1 hour ago, FP jh34ghu43gu said:

Fixed images:
Link 1 is out of order, here is proper order: image 1 | image 2 | image 3

Links 2 & 3 are of the same chat and I have cropped them together here.

Summary of events:

Image 1 - Jacob walking guy through steam auth setup. Not related to trade. At the bottom he offers keys+ unusuals, spells and more.

Image 2 - We are missing the previous convo as Jacob says "...you had wanted keys (10) so we can do that. What else would you like?" which implies they talked about what he wanted earlier. Victim then asks if Jacob can do 2020 keys and asked he could an effect like verdatica like ethereal essence to which Jacob respons "Oof, looking for 65 pure on my strange etheral essence". Victim says he's new to trading Jacob bluntly informs him he wouldn't want to pay 65 for his hat. Victim then says he wants some keys but liked the hat/combo and says no one else who has it is willing to trade and he's unsure if he actually wants to trade it. Jacob then says multiple people are selling at the moment (probably true based on marketplace page - however this is the only strange one) and that the new effect's price is hyped up because it's so new.

Image 3 - Victim says "well someone else said something else but it was a while ago" and Jacob plays the "I have more experience than them" card. Jacob says it's his call on if he wants to trade it and offers a blizzard tyrant's which the victim them says oh wow that's worth $63* on scm and Jacob claims it is worth more because SCM price is the low tier effect. In the middle of that Victim says he wants among us and Jacob offers to buy that for him. The image stops here and so we don't actually know how they ended up at the O. Fire Bat hat.

*It should be noted this is probably referencing the Breach and Bomb as at time of writing the cheapest one is at $63.91(Bee Swarm). However context would probably make Jacob think he was referencing the tyrant's.

Links 2 & 3 - This is just the victim trying to get the hat back and doesn't really have anything to do with the trade. Jacob does offer to replace the hat he got but not trade back the verdatica.

Thoughts: We are missing the chat that lead up to the actual trade** however it's clear Jacob tried to at least talk down how much the verdatica is worth by claiming it is new and hyped up (which may be true but MP sales suggest otherwise, plus the non-strange buy order is at $100) and also that he perceived the hat to be worth 40-64 keys based on the "30 key" blizzard offer and not wanting to pay with his "65 key" etheral (+10 keys mentioned earlier) BUT he did not make this blatantly known to the victim (at least with the images we are provided).

**While writing this I saw Jacob's video response that the victim made the offer. If he can provide screenshots of this and there is no other screenshots of him pressuring the victim then there was no sharking here imo, the victim made and confirmed the offer which meant he was satisfied with it. Jacob never made a claim that the item is worth a specific amount he only made his offer and that he thinks the current sellers are too high because of hype.

See the * under Image 3

You are cherry picking. No actual offers were made by me to this user. h

1 hour ago, Payback said:

Eh, normally I side with the person who got the trade here, but it's pretty clear that Jacob lied about item values here

https://imgur.com/a/qBR4r4o 

Worth more than 63 dollars he claims, but he has it listed on backpack right now for 30 keys?

Even though it wasn't included in the trade at the end, he was still untruthful about that item in particular

Untrue, and again cherrypicking. I didn't say the hat was worth 63 dollar at any point. I was under the assumption he was talking about the lowest price on an unusual breach and bomb on SCM. (60 dollars seems right?)

3 hours ago, Miles Upshuar said:

Justice being a high tier trade he should have informed the last owner who btw is a 13 year old child with 0 trading knowledge that his hat is more expensive than 15 keys, letting the person to choose what items to take is the most common sharking behavior, but this one is more likely a scammer behavior

Being young doesn’t make someone a victim. I know plenty of kids who are sharp traders. I started when I was 14 and I never fell for anything. There’s no excuse for ignorance.

1 hour ago, JacobB said:

You are cherry picking. No actual offers were made by me to this user. h

I'm not cherry picking I'm summarizing the dude's post since he had images in confusing orders. I agree the convos are cherry picked and posting the entire thing would be helpful for me to make my decision. As of now I'm saying I don't think you sharked which I clearly said if you read my entire response. You are the defendant here and have access to your trade offer history, show it up if you want to truly convince me instead of just saying it. Neither party has posted the full chat.

can a mod just close this and have the victim to make a report?there is no point in making threads like these in the first place as it is witch-hunting

5 minutes ago, Diamond jozu said:

can a mod just close this and have the victim to make a report?there is no point in making threads like these in the first place as it is witch-hunting

Yea dude went from +11 to -4 in three hours lol

Archived