Any alternatives for marketplace.tf & future of tf2

Royalcake

13 minutes ago, HaloGAMER0329 said:

I do not see a 9 cent gold pan https://mannco.store/item/1761

The only problem ive ever had with mannco.store has is traffic, but that looks like its gonna be changing soon.

Since you refuse to do any research on your own, here is an official statement from the site owner regarding the incident https://steamcommunity.com/groups/manncodotstore/announcements/detail/1691561768405162221

Unfortunately the reddit post where everyone was ripping them a new one was deleted out of a PR move but I am sure the nice folks on the backpack Discord can continue the story.

Now whether you believe in the 9cent pan, the DDoS allegations, all the other shit involving Sparta and Alex on the internet or not. Matter of fact, a site that holds your TF2 items has admin privileges that allow changing of the item's price. The sheer fact that this exists as an ability outside of the DB is absolutely insane.

Also the fact that the dev is SR marked for, according to his defense, buying the account that got him marked, which is against the Steam ToS. https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197964027496 https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-76561198026734540-✅peanuthero-mannco-trade-banned-by-sr.180729/

Use the site as you may but stop pretending nothing ever happened.

7 hours ago, _inu said:

having my unusual go for 1.50$

I'm not taking any sides here but I find it curious how people who refer to this incident always only tell the first part,

as if intentionally trying to create impression that some sellers were ultimately robbed of their items.

Also interesting how every "MPTF replacement" thread quickly transforms into a discussion how bad Mannco.store is ... 🙃

6 hours ago, _inu said:

Since you refuse to do any research on your own, here is an official statement from the site owner regarding the incident https://steamcommunity.com/groups/manncodotstore/announcements/detail/1691561768405162221

Unfortunately the reddit post where everyone was ripping them a new one was deleted out of a PR move but I am sure the nice folks on the backpack Discord can continue the story.

Now whether you believe in the 9cent pan, the DDoS allegations, all the other shit involving Sparta and Alex on the internet or not. Matter of fact, a site that holds your TF2 items has admin privileges that allow changing of the item's price. The sheer fact that this exists as an ability outside of the DB is absolutely insane.

Also the fact that the dev is SR marked for, according to his defense, buying the account that got him marked, which is against the Steam ToS. https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197964027496 https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-76561198026734540-✅peanuthero-mannco-trade-banned-by-sr.180729/

Use the site as you may but stop pretending nothing ever happened.

Well I did not know of this incident before but it literally says "The items of users that we were not able to save we will 100% refund in cash or exact same items." so I do not see what the problem is? They had a security breach and took full responsibility for it, if anything that makes them more trustworthy. 

Also while buying an account may be against steams TOS, that has nothing to do with actual scamming and steamrep is a third party website that is supposed to warn us who is scammers so we avoid being scammed by them. Though I understand both situations, steamrep can not lift bans just because someone says they bought the alt or real scammers would be able to use that excuse. They want to avoid any false negatives at the cost of having some false positives.

1 hour ago, HaloGAMER0329 said:

Well I did not know of this incident before but it literally says "The items of users that we were not able to save we will 100% refund in cash or exact same items." so I do not see what the problem is? They had a security breach and took full responsibility for it, if anything that makes them more trustworthy. 

Also while buying an account may be against steams TOS, that has nothing to do with actual scamming and steamrep is a third party website that is supposed to warn us who is scammers so we avoid being scammed by them. Though I understand both situations, steamrep can not lift bans just because someone says they bought the alt or real scammers would be able to use that excuse. They want to avoid any false negatives at the cost of having some false positives.

The entire reason this incident was a thing is because site admins were able to change a user’s listing price. If you think that is okay then I don’t know what a site has to do to break your trust. 

As for the tag, I never claimed the aforementioned admin was a scammer. I clearly said he was tagged due to an account he bought, which is a violation of the TOS. 

1 hour ago, _inu said:

As for the tag, I never claimed the aforementioned admin was a scammer. I clearly said he was tagged due to an account he bought, which is a violation of the TOS.

So the point here was he bought an account and not that hes marked as a scammer? What is so bad about buying a steam account? that it violates TOS? buying and selling items for real money probably violates steam TOS.

Also about the item price changing thing, its their website, they should have full and total administrative control over it. This is like when someone got access to a twitter admin account and was posting fake tweets asking for bitcoin from real famous peoples accounts. The only problems with that website are that its not noob friendly and and the traffic is kinda low, but its been growing and im sure their website might crash when marketplace closes like bitskins did when opskins closed.

I partially cashed out again because of this, I am afraid no proper alternative will show up and that will greatly impact the economy somehow. Maybe I overreact on this but I dont want to leave thousand dollars in my bp knowing Mp will shut down.

• 1 month later...

With paypal accepting bitcoin deposits now you can probably use any website that allow you to withdraw in bitcoin and have them on your paypal account, converting them into usd or whatever you want later on

On 11/15/2020 at 6:15 AM, Ghost said:

With paypal accepting bitcoin deposits now you can probably use any website that allow you to withdraw in bitcoin and have them on your paypal account, converting them into usd or whatever you want later on

I personally haven't seen that option available for me. Perhaps, Bitcoin deposit is only available for specific countries.

On 11/16/2020 at 8:29 AM, Bomsusik said:

I personally haven't seen that option available for me. Perhaps, Bitcoin deposit is only available for specific countries.

Right now its available in the US, from 2021 they should expand it to other places but honestly i'm not aware of which places exactly, probably europe but it's just a guess

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2020 at 9:35 AM, loli (hiding) said:

would it be suprising if geel just makes a new site?

I will post the post down, just to be sure:

https://marketplace.tf/blog/posts/IXVXYA

basically, in a quick TL:DR, they are not profiting anymore from the seller program, and are thus deciding to shut it down.

in a more detailed explanation, Marketplace has always had some issues with scams, chargebacks, hijjackings, etc, they occasionaly made a loss here and there because people charged them back because they didn't get their keys fast enough, but in more recent years, and to directly quote from the blog post:

"ever-increasing levels of fraudulent payments, account hijacking attempts, elaborate schemes to scam us via our support system, DDoS attacks, and more"

people have been API hacked before, there have been stories of people getting targeted because they had a lot of funds in their MP account, 

marketplace is popular because of how convient it is with paypal, but the headache of constantly dealing with chargebacks from people who don't want to wait for their keys, and the other mentioned reasons, likely means that Geel will not open another site,

I really hated the idea of marketplace shutting down, as I have used it for a long time, but I can also understand their reasoning behind this

Archived